CISSP Passed! It is over!!!

SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
It is my immense please to inform you all that I have passed the CISSP exam today! This was my first attempt!:D I really want to thank all the people active on this forum. Special thanks to JDMurray for running this wonderful forum which helped me to achieve this goal.icon_cheers.gifMaterials used:- Shon Harris - CISSP All-In-One 5th Edition (aka AIO) – Primary study guide- Eric Conrad - CISSP Study Guide, 1st Edition- CISSP For Dummies, 3rd Edition- CISSP Summary v1.1 (from Cccure.org download section)- CISSP Practice Questions Exam Cram 2- CCCure Quizz tests (paid) - Some CCCure CISSP forum topics that I was not sure of- Web contentsI also went though few domains of Shon Harris video lecture and later decided to study instead of video.Now, it is time for endorsement and looking for job as I am doing my Masters (I started it after 8 years of full time job) right now and I am at the end of it.Thank you all!

Comments

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done, SkyBlue! You have some prestigious certs under your belt there, man! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulation!! What a great way to start the weekend....
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • kishoreshetkishoreshet Banned Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats buddy!!
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    Well, done sir!
  • BigstarsBigstars Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • AnthonyFAnthonyF Member Posts: 109
    Congrats! Whats next?
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Congrats on the pass!

However i disagree on "it's over". It has only just begun! =)
  • SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

However i disagree on "it's over". It has only just begun! =)

Thanks for your comments.

Definitely, It has only started. A long way to go....But I wanted to mean the CISSP exam experience. The change of my mind situation (pressure and tension) fluctuated throughout the 6 hours time period. Though I was relieved when I saw the Congratulations!
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congrats on your pass!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Know that I am extremely jealous if your certifications you have behind your name ;)
    f0rgiv3n wrote: »
    Congrats! Know that I am extremely jealous if your certifications you have behind your name ;)

Thanks for your comments.

Certifications are valueless if you don't get any job!
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations and welcome to the club!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    Hi all,

It's my pleasure to inform you that today I got official recognition for my CISSP from (ISC)2.

My endorsement papers were send to (ISC)2 on 29th October, 2012 and today (16th Novemebr, 2012) I receipt their official acceptance.

Thanks for your help again.

With Regards,
    SB
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Feels really good when it's finally official, eh?
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats SkyBlue! I will be in the CISSP ranks some day soon.

If you don't mind me asking, given your cert list, what is the current position you hold and what do you see yourself doing in the future?
  • NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Congrats! :)
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
    lsud00d wrote: »
    Congrats SkyBlue! I will be in the CISSP ranks some day soon.

If you don't mind me asking, given your cert list, what is the current position you hold and what do you see yourself doing in the future?

Thanks @lsud00d.

I achieved most of the certifications in 2005/2006/2007 except CISSP & CCNP Security. I worked in several positions like network administrator, network security operations and IT/information security in past years.

Currently, I don't hold any position but searching for IT/Information Security or IT Audit jobs which is more interesting to me. I am doing full time MS program now and I will be available for full time position after I graduated in April 2013.

What I will do in future depends on the type of job I get in future...I don't know yet!

Let's see what happens next year!