First MS test ever - passed with 825!

sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
A few days ago I finally took my first Microsoft exam. I expected it to be pretty hard, so it took me about 2 month of studying with a lot of breaks, but overall, I think I spent about 80 hours to prepare for it. I actually was surprised that I didn't score higher as I felt very confident throughout the test except may be a few questions. But a pass is a pass.

I got 100% on managing devices
about 90% on managing users, computers and groups
75% on managing access to resources
80% on managing server environment and
80% on disaster recovery.

I watched CBT Nuggets (didn't really like it, so I guess I won't use them for 291), read Microsoft Official Academic Course book (it's pretty good and easy to read), read a few chapters in MCSA Self-Paced Training Kit (dry and boring, but has more details), and a few chapters in Windows Server 2003 Unleashed (didn't really help for the exam but helped to understand best practices better). I also watched TestOut training course and it was really helpful.

I probably spent to much time on it, but I really didn't want to fail. Now that I know what to expect from Microsoft exam, I'll probably won't spend as much time.

Next is 291. How hard is it compared to 290? I already have my CCNA and have pretty good knowledge of networking. I hope to finish it before December and then start preparing for 70-680 to get MCSA 2003 title. I couldn't care less about client operating systems but what can I do...

Comments