Cheapest Gateway router for CUCM studies.

HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
What is the cheapest setup that I can use for setting up a Gateway Router for CUCM and CUC. The most I will need is a FXO card with it?
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    1760, but there maybe cheaper options
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    To piggyback on what shodown said, the 1760 or you could use its cousin; the 1751. The key differences with this 1760 and 1751 is the max flash supported (32mb to 64mb for the 1760) and the number of slots. The 1751 has 3 slots, with 1 slot only accepting VIC/VWIC.
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does the 1760 take VIC or VIC2 cards? So just a 1760 with VIC-2fxo card, a 3550 POE switch and I should be good to go with my CUCM/CUC servers on VM.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like my old IIUC setup.

A 1760 w/ 64F/160D, PVDM256K-20, VIC-2FXO, VIC-2FXS, VWIC-1MFT-E1 (with loopback plug). Add the 3550-PWR and some 7940/7960's and you're good to go. Not high end gear, but affordable and functional. The 1760 can take VIC and VIC2 cards, but I'm fairly sure it depends on the card variety, check on cisco.com for exact details, some things change between IOS versions as features are added.
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like thats the way Im going to go. Once I get CUCM/CUC up and running I will sell off my UC520.