ITIL Exam

rejazrejaz Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I am planning to take the ITIL V3 exam near November/December and I was wondering what would be the best material to use in preperation for this exam. I have heard its a simple exam but sometimes understanding certain content is quite difficult.

Any input would be appreciated :)

Comments

• BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Save money on your books. Download Kindle App and then find the ITIL study guides. Most are under $10.00.
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Rejaz

Whatever you use, make sure it's aligned with the ITIL 2011 core volumes and syllabi. ITIL V3 was withdrawn a while back and there have been some changes to the material.

Good luck!

Claire
  • jsnchrry33jsnchrry33 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am looking at taking the Foundations ITIL exam? Does anyone know the exam code to use for Pearson Vue or Prometric?
  • pauline68pauline68 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want a classroom coaching for ITIL Foundation and then plan to take the certification exam.
    Can anyone please tell me where to start with?
    I am new to ITIL so please guys help me out.
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Pauline

You can take different types of ITIL training - online, blended or classroom. Make sure you choose an accredited provider (full listings are here: http://www.itil-officialsite.com/TrainingOrganisations/ATOListing.aspx) to make sure you get a quality assured, up to date course.

If you can let me know your location it will be easier to recommend a classroom provider if that's the route you wish to take.

Kind regards

Claire
  • astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used this book: Foundations of IT Service Management with ITIL 2011

I also used some other material but I think the book pretty much tells you what you need to know. The author uses a company example to explain different aspects of ITIL which I liked, and it kept the book from being too dry. It's 300 pages and not hard to get through in a couple of weeks.

As far as I know, ITIL V3 has been retired and you can only take ITIL 2011 exams from now on.
    Thanks for the links Claire and Astrogeek.
    I want to go for classroom training and after going through different websites and word of mouth, I am getting the names of Pink Elephant and ITILstudy.
    Can anyone give any reviews of these companies. I might go ahead with one of these.

Cheers,
    Pauline.
  • rejazrejaz Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pauline,

If your based in the UK, there is a ITIL course for 3 days which most of my colleagues have took and the exam is at the end of the course which they have all passed successfully without any issues.

The course is undertaken with a company called Knowledge Academy.

Check them out :)
    Sorry Rejaz,
    I am based out of US. Thanks for the help by the way.
    I am currently talking to few companies and will make my choice by end of this week.
    Lets see... :)
    Hey guys,
    After talking to a couple of training providers, I have made my choice and will enroll myself with them within a week.
    The course fees are well within my budget and the review says that their faculty is also pretty good with very high pass rates.

From the outer look of it, I am pretty much convinced that I will go ahead with this company named ITILstudy.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Where can you take the exam if you're in the US?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    Pearson VUE here offers the test
  • ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The exam can be taken from any Prometric \ Pearson Vue testing centre worldwide.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What's it listed as under the testing programs?

Disregard that - is it listed as EXIN?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm not sure about Prometric but under Pearson Vue the vendor is listed as EXIN.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Im interested in this cert as well, and I see that ThoughtRock is offering the foundations course for 175.00 which includes a proctored test via webcam that you can take anywhere. Has anyone done this? Taking the test from home wouldn't be a bad deal.
  • astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My company paid for training that included a proctored test via webcam, it's kind of weird but makes it very convenient. They run some software that makes sure you don't have any screen capturing software running and you have to move the webcam around your room to show you don't have any **** sheets around. You're not supposed to get up or do anything during the test, basically just to make sure you're not looking on some hidden **** sheet or whatever.

I liked the experience, certainly more than going to some computer shop that uses a 10 year old PC and a screen that's all fuzzy to take the exam! Just make sure you test your system before the exam. I didn't realize until shortly before my exam that my laptop's microphone didn't work. I had to quickly grab a spare microphone and install it, thankfully I had one!. My dog also started whimpering at my door halfway through the exam. Animals just hate closed doors :)