Options

SSCP time requirement

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
"For the SSCP certification, one year of cumulative work experience in one or more of the seven domains of the SSCP CBK is required."

I've had multiple jobs that came just under a year but they equal over a year when I add up the months. I just wanted to make sure if I would be alright to take the exam or if I should just put this exam off until I'm at a place for a year?
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Short answer: Try to pass the SSCP exam now and worry about endorsement later. Scraping up one year of experience in one SSCP CBK domain is usually pretty trivial to do.

Long answer: You can take the SSCP exam at any time. Once you pass, you will be an "Associate for the (ISC)2 for SSCP." At that point, you find an endorser who can corroborate your total professional work experience into one year of InfoSec-related work experience in (at least) one domain of the SSCP CBK. The experience can be split across multiple employers. You will be fully SSCP-certified after you pass the endorsement audit.
  • Options
    daryle7901daryle7901 Banned Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They really make it so you don't have to rush.

Step 2 in the certification process:
    If you currently have the required number of years of experience to be endorsed, you must complete the endorsement process within nine (9) months of your exam date. You may begin the endorsement process by submitting a completed endorsement form and your resume/CV to (ISC)². For detailed information about the professional experience requirement for the SSCP certification, please visit https://www.isc2.org/sscp-professional-experience.aspx.
    If you do not have the required number of years of professional experience, you can become an Associate of (ISC)². However, it is your responsibility to contact (ISC)² within nine (9) months of your exam date to tell us your intent.
    The time limit for completing the endorsement process or to become an Associate of (ISC)² is nine (9) months from the date of your exam. If you do not complete the endorsement process or become an Associate of (ISC)² within nine (9) months of your exam date, you will be required to take the exam again in order to become certified.
    Please find below instructions for completing the endorsement process followed by the instructions for becoming an Associate of (ISC)². If you have any questions, please contact Member Services at membersupport@isc2.org.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks to the both of you. I've ordered the SSCP book and I can't wait to get into studying it.
    I emailed the member support but I haven't heard back from them.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****