Options

Passed CEH today

msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
Took the CEH exam today and passed with 86%
I used about 45 minutes of 4 hours they give you, and probably could have got a better score if I took more time to review my questions over.
I opted for the self study route instead of the training course.
I used "Official CEH certified ethical hacker review guide" by Steven Defino and Larry Greenblatt
and an old cisco book I have titled "Penetration Testing and Network Defense"
It seemed like there was more emphasis on knowing about the different types of attacks instead of actually knowing how to execute them.
Overall, I had fun studying and taking this exam, however, my employer paid for the exam and because of the steep $500 exam and $100 application fee I'm not sure I would have pursued this if I had to pay for it out of pocket.

Comments

• Options
    WhiteoutWhiteout Member Posts: 248
    Congrats and thanks for the info!
    Never stop learning.
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    msnelgrove wrote: »
    Overall, I had fun studying and taking this exam, however, my employer paid for the exam and because of the steep $500 exam and $100 application fee I'm not sure I would have pursued this if I had to pay for it out of pocket.

That is the name reason I opted for CASP instead of CEH, cost. I just didn't think it was worth it because my employer probably would not have covered the bill.

But congrats!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for the info!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    Thanks for the support guys!

From what I've read, now I just have to sit back and wait for my welcome package.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    That may take a while. mine got returned for some reason and they just sent me the cert in an email.