Starting to Study

JakeCourtneyJakeCourtney Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm getting ready to sit down and start studying for the Network+. Was the test recently upgraded to 2005 objectives?

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Not really recent, it was updated early last summer. At www.comptia.org, in the exam objectives section of Network+, you can download a PDF showing the exact differences between the previous and current exam objectives.
  • JakeCourtneyJakeCourtney Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How hard is this exam compared to the A+ Exams.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    If you have studied A+, you should already have covered about 60% of the Net+ material. A+ is good foundation for Net+, but not necessary, of course. But , the Network+ exam is much more oriented toward the real-life type of scenario in its questions--troubleshooting.

I took it after A+. The only exam guide that I used was the The All-In-One Network+ Exam GUide by, Michael Myers.

I felt that it was on the same level of difficulty as A+--only different in approach.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • armi34armi34 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took my A+ like two years ago and I had to study a lot more than for any other certs I have. Always the first test is the hardest. Plus I think A+ covers a lot more information and materials to read than Network+