Options

ICND1 pass!

rstyrsty Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yay! Now studying for my ccna then might spend some time with voice or security? I have interest in all. Suggestions on path?

Ccent, ccna, ccnp
Ccent, ccna, ccna voice
Ccent, ccna, ccna sec

Also have interest in SNIA and RHCE

Career goal is network Eng or Noc tech :) I love it all.... decisions hmm

Also, how long does it take for certificate to come in mail from Cisco? its been 25 days.

Comments

• Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, it just depends on what area you want to go in, voice and security are both big nowdays. I am working on ccent right now with the Todd Lammle book. Which materials did you use if I may ask?
    rsty wrote: »
    Yay! Now studying for my ccna then might spend some time with voice or security? I have interest in all. Suggestions on path?

Ccent, ccna, ccnp
    Ccent, ccna, ccna voice
    Ccent, ccna, ccna sec

Also have interest in SNIA and RHCE

Career goal is network Eng or Noc tech :) I love it all.... decisions hmm

Also, how long does it take for certificate to come in mail from Cisco? its been 25 days.
  • Options
    rstyrsty Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used ccent exam cram but I do not recommend it. I supplemented with trainsignal videos.

I am using wendells ccna book from safari (I wasn't a subscriber when ccent training)

I do a lot of training at work which helps if you have access (for understanding cdp and info gathering through show commands)

Try getting a cheap router (851 is nice because u can use as your home router) and maybe a 8 port 2950
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Congrats! :)
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Congratulations!
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Congrats on the pass! As far as which track to go, I'd say CCNP unless you have an immediate need for one of the other two. You can always come back and study for those, but the R/S track will always form your foundational knowledge for your specialties. So assuming that you would want a CCNP:V or CCNP:S someday, you'd need to do it anyways. May as well get that knowledge now!

As far as the certificate, mine was never mailed to me as I opted for the online delivery. Log in and make sure that you didn't do that as well, and you should be able to print it out.
  • Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
  • Options
    someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats dude
    A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    rsty, congrats and good luck on ICND2! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]