801 and 802 A+?

ckwilson25ckwilson25 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Folks. I have been searching far a wide for an A+ study guide and it sounds like Mike Meyers and Professor Messer are the two main sources. Is that right? And Mike Meyers has 3 books on the 801 and 802 exams. Do I need all three? It seems like they would all be good to read. Especially since one is a lab book. I don't just want to know the answers to the questions I want to understand the material. Thanks.

Comments

• DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Welcome to the forums ckwilson25.

It's always good to get more than a single source for any certification and your approach of getting resources that help you understand the material is an outstanding approach. When you know the material, you'll be better prepared for job interviews, on the job, and to take other exams like the Network+ and Security+.

If you're looking for a book from another author, you might like to check out this one: CompTIA A+ Training Kit (Exam 220-801 and Exam 220-802) (ISBN-13: 978-0735662681) though I have to admit I'm a little biased.

Good luck.
  • ckwilson25ckwilson25 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Darril,
    I found your book on Amazon. Looks like it won't be available until Dec 6. I am not planning on starting this study mission for a month or so, just doing my research right now. I may pick up a copy. I read Meyers 7th edition up to the command prompt chapter and life happened and had to quit. But I looking into trying again and go with the 8th edition. I know the 7th is available til Aug 2013 but I want to take the new tests. Besides the 7th edition had hardly anything on Windows 7 and my two PC's have 7. I have found a few DVD sets and online programs but I think I am going to try the books first. They are cheaper and probably have more information than the videos. Thanks for your reply:) BTW I read your bio on Amazon and you passed 37 MS tests that is awesome. Oh and I cp'd that ISBN number in Amazon and Google and got nothing?
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Thanks ckwilson25.

I expected it to be out by now but it seems to be held up for some CD content. It will have some Measure Up type practice exams on the CD.

While I have passed many exams, there was a time when I didn't have any certifications. As a technical trainer, taking and passing the exams was a requirement and thankfully it gave me great insight into the process. However, I passed them one by one, just like you're starting now.

Interesting that the ISBN didn't return anything. Thanks for letting me know. This link does work: CompTIA A+ Training Kit (Exam 220-801 and Exam 220-802): Darril Gibson: 9780735662681: Amazon.com: Books

Good luck.