Options

How in depth must I study for A+ 801

LethalToxinLethalToxin Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
How much do I really need to remember for the exam?
Storage devices: Do I need to know the capacity and speeds of all tape drives?

More importantly for me..., how much information about CPU's and sockets must I know?
The 801 objectives listed 5 intel sockets and 9 AMD sockets but didn't even mention specific CPU's
I memorized all 14 sockets and how many pins each one has.
Do I need to know all CPU's and what sockets they go to? Do I need to know speeds and cache sizes?

I took 4 different practice tests and not a single one even asked anything specific about any CPU or socket.

Comments

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did the 701/702 exams and there were only one or two questions on sockets and CPU's in the exams. I believe that type of question was important for the 600 series exams - there were less of them in the 700 exam series so, if the trend holds true, the 800 series exams should again only have a few such questions.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    DaaxDaax Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Read up on mike Meyers a+ prep book. He will literally tell you what is and what isn't important. I'm reading it now and so far its been great.

~Daax~
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Daax wrote: »
    Read up on mike Meyers a+ prep book. He will literally tell you what is and what isn't important. I'm reading it now and so far its been great.

~Daax~

This is the same book I'm reading and it's very informative.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021