Options

my second attempt CCNA ......

kaynaankaynaan Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
i'm scheduled to appear for the CCNA 60-801 exam tuesday morning , wish me luck ppl !

this is my second attempt after 2 months..last time i got 837/1000
my biggest mistake was i didnt understand a particular question 'the format of the Q' it's a new type of Question on the ccna, called 'Testlet' which is actually 5 questions in 1, u can navigate btw the 5, and if u click nxt, without answering all 5 (like me!), u miss out !

anyway this time i think im prepared. hopefully i'll have some good news after the exam !
God give me the serenity to accept the things that i cannot change...and the courage to change the things i can....and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comments

• Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Good luck for the exam, by your score last time and new study then you should have no problems.

I havent heard much about these new questions. Did it not cover the navigating in the Tutorial at the start? if not you should have made a complaint to your testing centre about it.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    nmilotnmilot Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did the same exact thing. I don't think it was in the tutorial, although I didn't pay much attention to the tutorial, I mostly used that time to jot down notes. I also didn't take the time to read the instructions during the simlet, I must have been thinking "i'm not an idiot, i know how to answer multiple choice questions." Couldn't believe it when I hit NEXT and moved on to the next question.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    wildfire wrote:
    I havent heard much about these new questions. Did it not cover the navigating in the Tutorial at the start? if not you should have made a complaint to your testing centre about it.

The testlet has been in the demo/tutorial -- I never got one in the CCNA, and I can't remember any in the CCNP Exams. The first that I can remember was in the CCDA DESGN exam (3 in the first 6 questions -- hard to forget that). Then again in the ARCH exam.

In the CCSP I got a testlet like the type that seems to be showing up in the CCNA exams now -- the testlet with the limited function terminal window. Not quite a sim, since you aren't doing any configurations -- but you are entering an extremely limited command set to view simulated output so that you can select the correct answer.

I can't remember, but there must be a color or highlight or icon change to indicate the current testlet question number.... Hopefully when the "are you sure" pops up after hitting the next button, I'll remember to check that I'm on the last testlet question.

I still think the next button in the testlet should take you to the next testlet question, and then prompt you to exit if you are on the last testlet question.

... and while I'm here... before I forget....
    kaynaan Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif Spank that exam and send it running home crying for its mommy!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    chinamanchinaman Inactive Imported Users Posts: 167
    Well Good Luck, too bad I failed 812 is my score icon_sad.gif