How do I get welcome kit

indubasuindubasu Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passes the Network+ exam a few mins back...Do I need to apply to Comptia for a welcome kit with my certificate or it happens automatically? I mean does VUE just send Comptia all the info?

Comments

• ronorono Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You will get it by post after you register at comptia.org.You have to register and use the access codes you've got from VUE test center.It will take 4-6 weeks until you'll get it;)

By the way,CONGRATULATIONS! :)
    Mess with the best,Die like the rest!
  • gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    I just got mine in the mail about a few weeks later, without having to register, but I took the test at the internal testing center in my school, so I guess that had something to do with it. icon_confused.gif

Congrats!!! :D
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • namanama Member Posts: 187
    whats welcome kit for?
  • indubasuindubasu Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A welcome kit is something that u get when u pass the first exam from any vendor like Comptia or Microsoft... In some cases u get it automatically but I suppose in most cases u have to apply for them. Am I right? Plz feel free to correct me anybody..
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    CompTIA's was automatic.

MS I had to apply for (after waiting weeks, I finally figured this out icon_redface.gif ).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but according to CompTIA's site you have to take the printout that the test proctor gives you and then register your "Career ID" at CompTIA's website.

https://certify.comptia.org/durango/do/login?ownername=comptia&channel=comptia&basechannel=comptia

It says you'll need your score report to get registered after your first test.

One for the bullets states: Check the delivery status of your CompTIA Certificate and Welcome Aboard Kit
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Judd wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but according to CompTIA's site you have to take the printout that the test proctor gives you and then register your "Career ID" at CompTIA's website.

https://certify.comptia.org/durango/do/login?ownername=comptia&channel=comptia&basechannel=comptia

It says you'll need your score report to get registered after your first test.

One for the bullets states: Check the delivery status of your CompTIA Certificate and Welcome Aboard Kit

This is more of a "nice to have" feature that allows you to keep up with things and easily change your address in CompTIA's database if you moved, or to change your email address, however, it is not required to set this up to get your welcome kit in the mail.