Options

One word of resume advice

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
I know this may sound like common sense, but when you have something on your resume, expect to be asked about it. Today we held interviews and the feedback I received was things listed on resumes the candidates were not skilled in. If you have advanced gateway/gatekeeper configuration on your resume, we are going to talk about it. With that said I'm proud to say that so far everyone from TE has beat out the competition.
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    I had to replace 2 voice gateways a couple of weeks ago. I went into it knowing absolutely NOTHING about it except the general premise that it was a router that PRIs were plugged into that talked to our phone system. Now I know how to password reset a Cisco 3900, busy out channels gracefully, and diagnose bad DSP channels. Oh, and don't expect one TAC engineer to know all of those things at the same time icon_sad.gif.

Don't worry, I won't be putting voice gateway knowledge on my resume.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So my resume shouldn't read like the most interesting IT man in the world? icon_sad.gif
    No surprise that TEers are kicking butt in the interviews. Good luck guys.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I had to replace 2 voice gateways a couple of weeks ago. I went into it knowing absolutely NOTHING about it except the general premise that it was a router that PRIs were plugged into that talked to our phone system. Now I know how to password reset a Cisco 3900, busy out channels gracefully, and diagnose bad DSP channels. Oh, and don't expect one TAC engineer to know all of those things at the same time icon_sad.gif.

Don't worry, I won't be putting voice gateway knowledge on my resume.

LMAO. Also tac engineers are nothing more than tier 1/2/3 support. You don't get special access unless you get your CCIE or your company is a big spender or a big earner for cisco.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related