Quick question

t4echot4echo Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have heard some people say that the Net+ is easier than A+. Anyone have any thoughts on this.

Comments

• Crucio666Crucio666 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i found the net+ a bit harder actually...this was the first exam i had to take twice in order to pass and i only passed by one point...
  • patcmontgomerypatcmontgomery Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A+ was way easier for me. But I new computers inside and out when I took it. I am taking Net+ this week and am nervous about it.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    There are some things about Network+ that make it a little more pleasant. Not sure I would say easier.

1. All of that I/O, Processor information, and many other things you have to memorize for A+ are not there on Network+

2. A+ is two exams, Network+ is one exam.

3. I found A+ to be a bit more boring and dry.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    keatron wrote:
    There are some things about Network+ that make it a little more pleasant. Not sure I would say easier.

1. All of that I/O, Processor information, and many other things you have to memorize for A+ are not there on Network+

2. A+ is two exams, Network+ is one exam.

3. I found A+ to be a bit more boring and dry.

I tend to agree... Although both exams took me about the same amount of study time 2-3 weeks with one book and several online tests.
  • Net+ has a higher passing score, but in my opinion the questions are more practical and relevant and don't require the memorization of too many specs that you will probably never use again. Stuff you have to memorize for Net+ actually helps tremendously when out on the job. Overall, it is not hard.
  • t4echot4echo Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks alot for all the input......I guess you should never take any test lightly no matter what anyone says.