Options

Best Roadpath to CISM?Having no idea..

KaiiKaii Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
as a hacker and love mostly dealing with securities,vunerabilites and exploits . I would like to have a great leap to my wants and dreams
but i dunno where to start it how will i create my roadmap withit as I really want to a have a big achievement each year of my life in reaching
out my favorites titles. First of all I really love computers since a kid.I usually start within it while hacking fb apps and others. This would
be a bad idea in you guys would it . But i was just a kid that past years.. Entering age of 22 last year. I start of pursuing with 0 knowledge in
in my first ojt job as a programmer(Sept 2011) but also being a tehcnicall suport and done a lot of things also like creating them a web bases queuing system
for there customers,network cabling reconstructio,software updates and others stuff.Seeing my self that im stuck on getting newer knowledge in that company
and also i wasn`t being paid.I tried applying for a real jobs that will get me money and a lot of new knowledges.
Even im an undergrad students i come to a lot of interviews but end getting the most competitive one with a salary of $600 per month. I accept it
and being able to start to work in it in (Aug 2012) as a System Developer using PHP for their system but still continue self paced study of CEH.
Now 3 months later. I sucessfuly develop 2 system they gave to me.. And whenever I ask for another jobs cause im getting quite boring siting my
just in my desk and just reading some perks i.t books. Its enjoyable to develop system but I just trully study it to just fully understand
how it works . As for someday it would be a great help in me being a security personnel.
But now I don`t wanna waste my time . Would you have a good idea where can i start to reach my favorite title being a CISM.? and Do even i
don`t have degrees can I able to reach out of it ?Salary woudn`t matters to me so much.Because my knowledge and hardwork will trully gave
a competitive salry i think.. But where would I start? Im almost 22 now , and planning to reach it withn 25 or 26 years old.
Is that possible so?
I`m the Designer of my Own Catastrophy

“The best way to predict the FUTURE is to CREATE it”

Comments

• Options
    forestgiantforestgiant Member Posts: 153
    CISM is quite heavy of managerial jargons and skills, so just keep at your tech experience and volunteer to take on leadership roles at every opportunity that comes your way. Keep in mind that ISACA requires a number of year of IT management experience in order to earn the CISM, and the exam is designed to test you from that perspective, so while having experience in hacking/cracking/smacking computers is quite good, it's not required to earn the certification. For example, you'll have to know just exactly what are ARO, ALE, and AC mean in security management and why they matter. Can you see things from the CFO's perspective? How do you justify in qualitative and quantitative terms whether to secure a switch or invest in a BCP/DRP process?
  • Options
    CISM is quite heavy of managerial jargons and skills, so just keep at your tech experience and volunteer to take on leadership roles at every opportunity that comes your way. Keep in mind that ISACA requires a number of year of IT management experience in order to earn the CISM, and the exam is designed to test you from that perspective, so while having experience in hacking/cracking/smacking computers is quite good, it's not required to earn the certification. For example, you'll have to know just exactly what are ARO, ALE, and AC mean in security management and why they matter. Can you see things from the CFO's perspective? How do you justify in qualitative and quantitative terms whether to secure a switch or invest in a BCP/DRP process?

omg in what you ask i did sracth my head .. i do not know that .lol. but i will sooner.. Ive quite known that cism is a very highly level title and also a huge it years of experience is also needed It okay even i could be a cism after long years because they could year of experience.But if i could aquire
    this knowledge as early it would you think it would better?Im really going after be a cism.what im really going is the knowledge of a cism person .your post is great thanks :D

• Options
    CISPhDCISPhD Member Posts: 114
    Give this thread a view: http://www.techexams.net/forums/security-certifications/28593-security-certification-where-start.html

Particularly, take a look into Keaton's post on post #14.

I am 26 and taking the CISM exam this December. Keep in mind I've been doing IS management for almost 7 years now. Refer to the link here on the CISM requirements. Given your current age, and current professional position, I'd say you'd be more realistic to achieve the CISM by the age of 30.

How to Become CISM Certified

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Have patience in my answers if they're leading you down the wrong path. It was a bit of an effort to piece your post together. :P

Finally, give this a thread a thorough review to answer all your CISM/CISA/ISACA questions: ISACA CISA CISM Forums
  • Options
    CISPhD wrote: »
    Give this thread a view: http://www.techexams.net/forums/security-certifications/28593-security-certification-where-start.html

Particularly, take a look into Keaton's post on post #14.

I am 26 and taking the CISM exam this December. Keep in mind I've been doing IS management for almost 7 years now. Refer to the link here on the CISM requirements. Given your current age, and current professional position, I'd say you'd be more realistic to achieve the CISM by the age of 30.

How to Become CISM Certified

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Have patience in my answers if they're leading you down the wrong path. It was a bit of an effort to piece your post together. :P

Finally, give this a thread a thorough review to answer all your CISM/CISA/ISACA questions: ISACA CISA CISM Forums

thanks for a very helpfull post buddy