Passed ROUTE on 10/31

CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the ROUTE exam with a pretty good score on Halloween. I thought it was actually pretty difficult. I studied for about 6 weeks and went to a 1 week Global Knowledge bootcamp. I read the FLG twice, and the OLG once. Watched Jeremy's nuggets once, and did the Cisco Lab Guide all the way through with GNS3.

I've been having second thoughts all year about whether I wanted to stay in IT (I just turned 25). I enrolled for 10 credits worth of business classes this fall because I was thinking about ditching my IT career and getting into finance/accounting. Needless to say that after a month, I dropped all those classes without looking back and started a CCNP fast track firestorm. I have no problem being too stupid to do anything else.

s2ftxt.png

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeaaaah! Congratulations on the pass! And welcome back to the IT mindset, I too am 25 and have moments where I think "is this really what I want to do?" It's those few moments where you get all giddy about a new network device, or something you just deployed that make you realize... Yeah, I do love it :P
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on passing Route!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I'm going to shoot for SWITCH by end of January.