PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Was just about to post this after seeing it in my email. Looks like you beat me to it. Though I like Vivek's courses a lot, I don't think this is one I would pay for. Hopefully he'll make the videos publically available as he has done with some of the courses.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I dunno, I think this is a great certification to get as mobile security begins to ramp up. Currently, there isn't anything on the market like this and at the very least it's a talking point for your resume. A University near by where I work just actually posted a position dealing solely with mobile devices. It required staying on top of new trends and securing said devices. I for one believe it would be a great way to stand out among the crowd. Gotta actually drill into SPSE first though.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    How is SPSE going for you? I feel like I've learned a ton, but I get side-tracked so frequently as I explore additional capabilities of the libraries that are introduced. So I'm currently only in the 4th section.

Also, I've recently gotten side-tracked working on WebApp development using the LAMP model (Linux, Apache, MySQL & Python). I've found Python to be very effective for database handling, and surprised that Vivek doesn't address this at all.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I actually am starting off at the beginning using the Udacity course. The thing is I truly want to know Python and programming concepts (hoping to get out of support). Thus far Udacity has rocked big time and I find myself recalling some of my programming knowledge from years ago. I figure I can probably have Udacity course done by Christmas. I have a week and a half off for Christmas (yay working for a University!) and plan on taking on SPSE then. Hopefully get certified within a couple of months and then look at OSCP or this iOS cert since I am pretty sure mobile security is the way to go.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    InfosecDudeInfosecDude Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am a student of this course, SPSE and SWSE. The iOS course is definitely useful if you have an iOS device like an iPhone to try things out. I had a lot of fun reversing the iOS application given by them and using GDB to infer the ARM assembly and bypass protections and other checks.