Options

Isc2 cap

rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
Anyone done the ISC2 CAP? looks quite good.

Comments

• Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    To be honest, it seems to be a step backwards if you already have CISSP. My understanding of it, is its smaller scope than the CISSP, focusing primarily on the business side of things, and less on the technical side. But I haven't looked into it too much.
  • Options
    the_hutch wrote: »
    To be honest, it seems to be a step backwards if you already have CISSP. My understanding of it, is its smaller scope than the CISSP, focusing primarily on the business side of things, and less on the technical side. But I haven't looked into it too much.

I am sure there will be things to learn in the cert, I never see learning new things as a step backwards.
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    rob1234 wrote: »
    I am sure there will be things to learn in the cert, I never see learning new things as a step backwards.

I'm not discouraging your from learning the material. But a certification has nothing to do with learning things. A certification is a strategic career investment, and often an expensive one (unless your company is paying for it...in which case, go for it). You can easily learn without getting a certification. In my personal opinion, CAP would add nothing additional to your resume.
  • Options
    mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    I had a professor in grad school who was in love with this cert for some reason. Made it sound like people who have it are very wealthy. I'm not convinced. :)
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • Options
    the_hutch wrote: »
    I'm not discouraging your from learning the material. But a certification has nothing to do with learning things. A certification is a strategic career investment, and often an expensive one (unless your company is paying for it...in which case, go for it). You can easily learn without getting a certification. In my personal opinion, CAP would add nothing additional to your resume.

By going for the certification it helps me to focus and study harder which in turns helps me to learn more learning and certification go hand in hand for me.

Saying CAP would add nothing additional to a resume is incorrect as it all depends what job you are applying for and tailing your CV to that job.

My original questions still stands, has anyone actually done the CAP and want to share there opinion on it?