routersim

matlmatl Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, i'm preparing for my ccna. I have the Sybex book and i'd like to know if the Network analyzer 4.1 from router is worth the 200$ to help me pass my CCNA?

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hands-on is essential for CCNA but can you post a link to it? I'm not sure what you mean...
  • matlmatl Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_redface.gif I only know it under the name RouterSim, not network visualizer... but it is a very good product, and will certainly make a huge difference for the exam but also on the job, this does count as actual 'experience'... but if you ask me if it is worth the $200... I think I would go to www.ebay.com and try to get a couple of used 250x routers and built your own real lab, especially when you want to continue the Cisco path.
    Thank you for the fast reply. I think i'll buy it. After my CCNA, i will do my MCSE first and then CCNP. So i won't need my own lab right now. Eventually i'll buy some routers.

On ebay 200$ is about the price of 1 25xx router?
    I've seen them for less than $100... when you do eventually buy a lab, make sure you get one with the cables included... buying them seperate might turn out to be more expensive.
    OK i tought they were more expensive.
    Some are more expensive, often depends on how long they've been used, if it's complete with all cables, and what IOS version they run. I've seen a couple of complete CCNA study labs (2 routers 1 switch) for about $300.

If you want a real lab for the CCNP exams you need more than 'just' two routers and a switch, which is expensive, so that's why it can be a good idea to start building one when your preparing for the CCNA exam.