Options

Getting Degree Online vs Actual Schooling for Degree

KaiiKaii Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
In getting a jobs that has a prerequisite of degree will
getting a degree in schooling will be much acepted instead of online schooling for degree?

Do this both of this differ or same.

Cause im planning to continue my study through online because, I think I can`t handle
going to school because im working now.Because I think some sort if i aim for a higher
position degree diploma would be a great impact

Will i still I get also a transcript of grade records of my records if i study online with diploma certificate?
I`m the Designer of my Own Catastrophy

“The best way to predict the FUTURE is to CREATE it”

Comments

• Options
    forestgiantforestgiant Member Posts: 153
    I noticed that you are in Philippines. Where do you intend to pursue your career? Perceptions may be different depending on what country, state, and even employers you eventually work for.

Many of the top US universities (Harvard, Stanford, MIT, Columbia, UNC, and others) have some variety of online courses, so online options should not be seen as negative in any way.
  • Options
    I noticed that you are in Philippines. Where do you intend to pursue your career? Perceptions may be different depending on what country, state, and even employers you eventually work for.

Many of the top US universities (Harvard, Stanford, MIT, Columbia, UNC, and others) have some variety of online courses, so online options should not be seen as negative in any way.

Literraly speaking I would probably happy to pursue my carrer in my homeland were I was born. but also planning to build up my self in other country and go back to elevate my countries need in it industry. But still can handle career outside country as only consultancy. Cause I can`t barely see my
    self helping other country while my country is so down in this point. Not really looking onto this as only a job to work and earn.But mostly a fervent passion of doing things I mostly liked.. this mindset of mind make me stupid enough but this is me . lol. Happy to be .

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Even years ago, my "actual" school was 50% online. My wife did her entire degree at a state college online. It really no longer matters. The old age of education is dying. Focus on job skills and not degrees. It can't hurt, but doesn't help as much as you would think in the new economy.

Kaii wrote: »
    In getting a jobs that has a prerequisite of degree will
    getting a degree in schooling will be much acepted instead of online schooling for degree?

Do this both of this differ or same.

Cause im planning to continue my study through online because, I think I can`t handle
    going to school because im working now.Because I think some sort if i aim for a higher
    position degree diploma would be a great impact

Will i still I get also a transcript of grade records of my records if i study online with diploma certificate?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    Even years ago, my "actual" school was 50% online. My wife did her entire degree at a state college online. It really no longer matters. The old age of education is dying. Focus on job skills and not degrees. It can't hurt, but doesn't help as much as you would think in the new economy.

yeah..that the thing im thinking about also.. that even im not a degree holder. I highly have the guts and skill to handle the position i was applying for.

• Options
    LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cant stop "progress", online education will continue become more dominant. I've had this conversation w/ several of my professors. They all have a "Plan B" knowing what the future looks like for their job. Web apps are the way it is, got to put up or shut up kinda deal... as much as I hate CBTs and other DIY education.

While I'm not a fan of online education, like i said above, soon I may not have a choice. I spend more time commuting to and from school than I spend time doing homework (lol) as its sometimes a couple hours round trip. I attended physical classes in the thought that the instructors would help... boy was I wrong. In most classes I am referred "online", or "the book" when I need a little help. Its all online now for me.
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003
  • Options
    Lamini wrote: »
    cant stop "progress", online education will continue become more dominant. I've had this conversation w/ several of my professors. They all have a "Plan B" knowing what the future looks like for their job. Web apps are the way it is, got to put up or shut up kinda deal... as much as I hate CBTs and other DIY education.

While I'm not a fan of online education, like i said above, soon I may not have a choice. I spend more time commuting to and from school than I spend time doing homework (lol) as its sometimes a couple hours round trip. I attended physical classes in the thought that the instructors would help... boy was I wrong. In most classes I am referred "online", or "the book" when I need a little help. Its all online now for me.

kinda se what you say lol. :D.. thumbs up mate.

• Options
    dpjackal89dpjackal89 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My girlfriend's uncle is born/located in the Philippines. He has had a very successful career in networking. He is currently a Senior Network Engineer at his job and he got his degree in the Philippines. His education shows (BS ECE, Engineering at Mapua Institute of Technology) on his LinkedIn page. I am not sure if you are familiar with that college but that is all the info I can give. And he's currently also working on his CCNP.
  • Options
    dpjackal89 wrote: »
    My girlfriend's uncle is born/located in the Philippines. He has had a very successful career in networking. He is currently a Senior Network Engineer at his job and he got his degree in the Philippines. His education shows (BS ECE, Engineering at Mapua Institute of Technology) on his LinkedIn page. I am not sure if you are familiar with that college but that is all the info I can give. And he's currently also working on his CCNP.

Yea i know that school.. do you point out that i need to enter a school instead of having online class mate because this is a high advantage in getting a sucessfull job?

• Options
    dpjackal89dpjackal89 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No one can tell you which is better. Especially since we are mostly from the U.S and UK. I just gave you that example because it is the closest thing in my opinion that you can relate to since he also lives in the Philippines.

Edit: My main point is. Nobody here really knows anything about life in the Philippines. But I gave you an example of someone who was successful in a similar situation as you.
  • Options
    dpjackal89 wrote: »
    No one can tell you which is better. Especially since we are mostly from the U.S and UK. I just gave you that example because it is the closest thing in my opinion that you can relate to since he also lives in the Philippines.

Edit: My main point is. Nobody here really knows anything about life in the Philippines. But I gave you an example of someone who was successful in a similar situation as you.

ahh. :D.thanks by the way