Options

Need Help: Connecting Unity to Publisher

rchaserchase Member Posts: 126
I've been stuck on this one for 2 days. My CUCM Pub and Sub are up, but Unity will not complete the install. I even started over from the beginning at one point, deleting my Pub, Sub, and Unity machines to redo the installs, making sure I didnt select to use DNS on any of them in case that was the problem. I also tried setting up a DNS server to give CUCM-PUB1 an A record of 10.1.1.101 incase that was the problem but I dont think its DNS at this point. IDK what the problem is.

Application server for Unity is created on the Pub

ERROR MSG:

"
Configuration validation with CUCM-PUB1 (10.1.1.101) failed.

Configured deployment connection does not match the deployment at 10.1.1.101.

- IS CUCM-PUB1 the correct first node for this node?

"

Comments

• Options
    skinsFan202skinsFan202 Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    correct first node as in first node of the cluster? Unity Connection cluster will be a separate cluster from the CUCM cluster, so in that case the Unity connection node you are setting up will be the first node of the Unity connection cluster not the PUB
  • Options
    rchaserchase Member Posts: 126
    SKINSFAN202

THANK YOU!

Set Unity as the first node, install completed.

Now as to why Unity and Publisher are not in the same cluster, I guess I will need to continue my readings. (20 max servers in a cluster, Unity does count as a server in my cluster right? So with Pub, Sub, and Unity I'm using 3/20 of the same cluster ?)

Thanks again, I was really stuck on that one
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CUCM and Unity Connection are never part of the same cluster, they're separate applications. You can even run one without the other, like CME w/ Unity Connection or CUCM w/ CUE
    (or no voicemail at all).