Options

CISSP - Newbie

VigiVigi Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I am planning to do my CISSP certification.I dont know much about how to go about it.I am working in Security domain for the past 4.5 years. It would be great if someone here can explain me the proccess in taking up the exam and what materials should i go through for clearing the exams??The exact way to start off preparing and completeing the exam.

Regards
Vigi

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Welcome to TE. There are tons of posts here covering this and many other questions you may have about the CISSP. My recommendation is to go to ISC2's website and download the Candidate Information Bulletin. That is your definitive starting point. After you do that come back here and search for CISSP Study Plan. After you have digested all the info you will find feel free to hit us up with questions.

Best of luck in your CISSP journey.
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    What kind of work do you do? You have to have a minimum of 5 years experience in at least 2 of the 10 CBK domains. Assuming you meet the requirements...I'd recommend looking at the Shon Harris All-In-One Guide.
  • Options
    VigiVigi Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I started off my career with Solaris and now im working in Identity and Access Management domain. IAM is completely Security related stuff like Authentication,Authorization,SSO. Does this suit the Eligibilty criteria???

Regards
    Vigi
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    That sounds like the Access Controls domain to me. Do you have any professional experience in any of the other nine domain? Data and network communications is a popular one. ;)