Before the test, in the testing center

techgirl321techgirl321 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I would like to know if there is time to do my memory **** before I start the tutorial and if so, how finite is it?

As for studying, I have been doing the Sybex 5th edition study guide tests and scoring high 90's. I have also been doing the Boson ExamSim tests and getting 90's on exams 1 & 2 and 80s on exam 3. I've been working in the Boson NetSim as well.

I have memorized all the ways to configure NAT, switches and vlans, lots of tables for subnetting, all the decimal, binary, hex conversion information etc. I have my routing protocols down, the OSI down, but get confused sometimes on timers...routing protocol update timers, keepalives, dead intervals.... I'll be working on those before the test.

I have been obsessed about studying for this for about 5 weeks now. I study everyday, some days I study for 12 hours. (like today) but most days, 4 to 5 hours. I start to feel good, like I'll make it no problem.
Then I come on here and see people failing and asking obscure questions that make me second guess myself, then I become a nervous wreck and start studying obsessively again!

Taking the test March 8.
----TG----

Comments

• chinamanchinaman Inactive Imported Users Posts: 167
    Techgirl, yesterday I took up my intro exam and all you need to do is to apply all what you've learned. I think I didn't concentrate well and okay

I guess I really need to re-read again my study materials.
    Good luck.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would like to know if there is time to do my memory **** before I start the tutorial and if so, how finite is it?
    Well, there are the pre-test questions about how confident you feel about doing test related tasks. Also asks if you were a Cisco Network Academy Student, and if so, what is your Academy login name. Oh, and it asks about your current Certs and your plans for the next year. Not sure if that part is timed.... so you can probably **** some tidbits between questions.

The test tutorial is 15 minutes. For your first Cisco Exam you'll want to go through it, but it shouldn't take the full 15 minutes.
    but get confused sometimes on timers...routing protocol update timers, keepalives, dead intervals.... I'll be working on those before the test.
    The timers are a good candidate to **** to your scratch sheet when you are doing the pre-test questions. Practice writing out your subnet chart so you can **** that quickly and accurately.
    Then I come on here and see people failing and asking obscure questions that make me second guess myself, then I become a nervous wreck and start studying obsessively again!
    What? You have to come here to start second guessing & become a nervous wreck? Not sure about that obsessive studying thing -- I can stop studying anytime I want, I just don't want to..... icon_lol.gif

Don't forget that a lot of people also make their first posts just before the exam or immediately after to let us know they passed. And a lot are just too busy studying for their next exam...

The Cisco tests will be different from what you've seen before -- so be prepared for that - but it's still just another computer based exam. Don't let the exam or the prep take you out of your game. Focus and use the time you've got -- and you've got a lot.
    icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • techgirl321techgirl321 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mike,
    Thanks for the feedback, its very much appreciated!

:)
    ----TG----