Thank Goodness

Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well to be honest, I really needed a win. After not passing the CISSP I'll admit I was a little gun shy. So I took the Security + test today and passed.

Comments

• panikpanik Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. Back to studying for the CISSP...
  • KaiiKaii Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wooh .Congrats man.. Your next stop now is CISSP. Failure is an option man.. everytime we failed we learn something new :).

Always thinks Great mans come with many failures also :D

Just a motivation :)
    I`m the Designer of my Own Catastrophy

“The best way to predict the FUTURE is to CREATE it”
  • pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    Good job on the pass! I am working on my CEH (certified ethical hacker) and hope to knock it out in December.

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

• KaiiKaii Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job on the pass! I am working on my CEH (certified ethical hacker) and hope to knock it out in December.
    wow really can you share some books cause im working with it too :)
    I`m the Designer of my Own Catastrophy

“The best way to predict the FUTURE is to CREATE it”
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the Security+ pass.

Many people have dropped the CISSP because it is an extremely difficult exam.

Other people take the security tests in this order: Security+, SSCP, and CISSP. Each of these certs build on each other and passing one helps you pass the next while also building up certs and confidence.

Good luck with your next adventure.
  • Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Darril, that a great point. I haven't even considered the SSCP. Looked into it today and it's right up my alley.