Options

Passed Network+, odd balance to the line of questioning...

cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
Passed test, strange focus on questions...

I had 15 or 16 questions just for:
1) Kerberos 2)IPSec 3) L2TP

Only 1 port question, 1 cable/media question and most of the rest troubleshooting. Kind of an odd balance I thought, when compared to the percentages that the course requirements says the focus is on.

I really thought the balance of questions was weird, and my test froze for about 30 seconds around question 20. Not a typical experience from what I have been reading of everyone elses experience.

On to Security+ now...
To protect and to serve(r)...

Comments

• Options
    JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    Congrats on the pass, sounds strange to me too.

How were they worded, did they have the same answers just worded differently each time?

Seems that they would have trouble comming up with that many questions for just 3 topics.
  • Options
    Matt_SmiMatt_Smi Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job on the pass, as for the odd questions I guess it just goes to show you that you really need to understand every objective almost equally well and be prepared for anything. I was somewhat surprised when I had around 5 questions just about signed/unsigned drivers in my OS exam.
  • Options
    indubasuindubasu Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and good luck for the next exam!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    t4echot4echo Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    kinezokinezo Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the net+ exam today too and passed :)

Ditto for the odd line of questioning.. I expected more questions related to troubleshooting with ports, NAT, firewall stuff. I can say the practice questions here and on MCMCSE website make up maybe a quarter of the exam. FIND AS MANY TROUBLESHOOTING SCENARIOS AS POSSIBLE! My particular exam was a bit heavier on security protocols, RAID/backups, non-windows configurations (unix, apple, netware) than i expected.

good luck!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!

congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    cairtaker wrote:
    Passed test, strange focus on questions...

I had 15 or 16 questions just for:
    1) Kerberos 2)IPSec 3) L2TP

Only 1 port question, 1 cable/media question and most of the rest troubleshooting. Kind of an odd balance I thought, when compared to the percentages that the course requirements says the focus is on.

I really thought the balance of questions was weird, and my test froze for about 30 seconds around question 20. Not a typical experience from what I have been reading of everyone elses experience.

On to Security+ now...

Congrats!

That is odd... I know I studied L2TP, IPSec and PPTP in depth because I felt I was weak in understanding them and it turns out I had almost no questions with them.