701 and 702 11/9/2012

taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
I have both exams for the A+ cert this Friday 11/9. I've been studying for a long time (there was over a 2 month wait for my local testing center). Any tips for the few days leading up to the exams?

Comments

• bgaudybgaudy Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    have you done the official comptia A+ sample questions on their website??

continue to do some practice tests as it will help jog your memory... and also help you recall things better when the exam day comes.

Good luck to you!
  • icehead14icehead14 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i made some flash cards of the stuff i needed to memorize e.g. port numbers, # of pins on different ram types, anything you have a tough time remembering. that helped me a lot. what i still couldnt remember i crammed the night before and a little right before i took the test.

and as bgaudy said take some practice tests.. the ones on here are pretty good.
  • taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    I forgot about the same questions on the CompTIA site. I'll definitely do those. I've got my port numbers down pat but the different RAM types are definitely something I should look over. I've got alot of sample questions from LabSim (WGU) so I'll go through those as well. Thanks for the tips!
  • u4ume4usu4ume4us Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck! I'm hoping to take them in December/January. Let us know how it goes, please!
  • icehead14icehead14 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    no problem. Also anything i got wrong on the practice questions i would make sure to go back and understand why i was wrong. really helped to know the reasoning instead of just the correct answer.

Good Luck!
    I know some people have said the official sample questions from the CompTIA site are a lot harder than the actual exam questions.... Is this true for the A+ exam? If so, I'm not nearly as nervous as I was before. I just did all the sample questions for both exams and did very well.
    I passed! Scores were 758 and 782. A little lower than I wanted but a pass is a pass. I used Mike Meyers' A+ book and Professor Messer videos for review. Thanks for all the help from all of you guys as well. Now my Network+ on 12/14.