r timers encluded in the ccna exam

routerroutingsrouterroutings Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
i just want to know ... will be there questions about the timers in the ccna exam and if there will be , should i know all the timers (the updates , the holddawns ,....)

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    icon_eek.gif Bad Puppy! Bad!

You'll get to sign the NDA when you take the exam....

So let me distract and direct you with this thread
    Passed yesterday 937 by mwill
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12380

It's the best most recent summary -- and Webmaster has a post in there about the NDA and what we can offer up.

But when you come out directly and ask about exam questions, we are forced to recoil in horror.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    i just want to know ... will be there questions about the timers in the ccna exam and if there will be , should i know all the timers (the updates , the holddawns ,....)
    I believe mikej answered your question here:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12820
    forbesl wrote:

No I didn't -- gasp! icon_eek.gif I pointed out the NDA and mentioned a previous thread...

But while I'm here..... did you like that recoil in horor bit? Or was it a tad over the top? :D

I guess I should go back to the "bad puppy post" and add the url to the link I offered as a distraction.
  • forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    mikej412 wrote:
    forbesl wrote:

No I didn't -- gasp! icon_eek.gif I pointed out the NDA and mentioned a previous thread...

But while I'm here..... did you like that recoil in horor bit? Or was it a tad over the top? :D
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    You answered his question by telling him you weren't going to answer his question...hehehe.

The recoil bit wasn't over the top. The "kenyan" bit was, but I noticed you rethought that comment.
    forbesl wrote:
    The "kenyan" bit was, but I noticed you rethought that comment.
    Yeah, but only because I wasn't sure about the country... after I posted it.
  • CertsPlzCertsPlz Inactive Imported Users Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    y is everyone so scared about the NDA, is cisco going to hunt u down and prosecute u, does anyone know whats going to come on the exam really, whats the big deal they are not asking for an exact question the answer is a simple yes, no or maybe what harm can that have
    formerly badboyziggy
    CertsPlz wrote:
    y is everyone so scared about the NDA, is cisco going to hunt u down and prosecute u
    It's not scared -- I agreed to something, and I keep my word. The NDA with Cisco, and the forum posting rules here.

As for enforcement -- well, Cisco seems to be pretty lax about it. Lightning has not struck down the individuals in the Cisco Certification Community Forums who offer up copyrighted material and talk about **** and exam questions. My all time favorite Certification Community thread was where someone asked about books and ****... and "ciscomoderator" responded with the usual canned response - books are supplemental material, please follow the link to training partners....

Anyways, I think Webmaster tries to run a high class establishment here, so I don't drop my peanut shells on the floor, I put the seat down, and I trim my toenails.
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I think we are getting a little silly here.

If the question was reworded then that would be better I think. People reguarlalry post on here am I likey to see IPX on the exam?, answer no, I am I likely to See Rip on the Exam almost certainly (NDA Violation? No I dont think so).

Dont get me wrong posting actual questions or specifics is blantant cheating and Cisco would have my full backing in issueing lightning strikes to the likes of **** providers.

talking about concetps and what could possibly be or not be on the Exam in relation to the Exam blueprint I dont believe to be Immoral or in violation of Cisco's NDA.

To say I got a question on this and that, and my Sim was this is wrong. However pointing people in the right study direction is the name of working together on forums.

Are Timers on the Exam? I cant answer that Question.

Do I think you should Know them, Yes I do Its very usefull in understanding the principles if nothing else.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • CertsPlzCertsPlz Inactive Imported Users Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are Timers on the Exam? I cant answer that Question.

Do I think you should Know them, Yes I do Its very usefull in understanding the principles if nothing else.

the answer wildfire gave is good and thats all im saying at least help them out in some way or tell them to reword the question, i have no idea if anyone here knows what's going to be on the next exam so answering a question like that shouldnt be a big deal, r timers on the exam? is not actual exam question so we need not be so uptight
    formerly badboyziggy
    wildfire wrote:
    I think we are getting a little silly here.
    icon_redface.gif Yeah, but I'm still leaving the bit in about the seat down and toenails.
  • David_HXDavid_HX Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, A timer is on the Exam

It's in the upper right corner, starts @ 1:30 and counts down to zero before you know it ! icon_cool.gif

But honetly, whats so hard about remembering a few numeric facts and jotting them down along with your IP Subnet chart and private IP Class ranges before the exam begins ?

RIP= 30-180-180-240 (1x6x6xicon_cool.gif

IGRP= 90-270-280-630 (1x3x3+10x7)

At least you didn't ask if ISDN is still testable........