Is this book obsolete?

JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
ISBN - 0782143113

Sybex - CCNA Study Guide 4th Edition

I'm considering to gather study materials for CCNA and I have this book left over from college, is it obsolete?

Comments

• wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Not at all this book covers the current Exam (640-801) and I believe the Sybex are easy to read and master books. Consider supplementing it with another source though.

http://www.sybex.com/WileyCDA/SybexTitle/productCd-0782143113.html
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    Nice!! Perhaps an Exam Cram 2, 2nd Edition book to complement this would be appropriate.

Thanks for the help
  • myk_roquemyk_roque Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took my exams just last month and the 4th ed of sybex was what I used. But i did read ICND by cisco press after that. After reading through sybex, its much easier to follow through the discussion of the ICND...

I think its a good idea to get some more resources,.. but the 4th ed. is a good place to start
    “Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something”
  • ms_visioms_visio Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Judd wrote:
    Nice!! Perhaps an Exam Cram 2, 2nd Edition book to complement this would be appropriate.

Thanks for the help

My personal experience says that Exam Cram and Brain **** are not useful atleast in the CCNA exams. When i took the exam almost 8 months ago the members here suggested me to stay away and no wonder the rule still applies.
    :study: