Passed 70-686 today!

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
Yes after months of studying after taking 70-680 (took a toll after failing 680 once). I passed the 70-686 today with a 742! Another close score...I tell you what I think they are ramping up the difficulty or making the choices you make when selecting your answer really precise into making you select their best practice methods no matter what. I didn't even know this exam had case study questions in there which through me off guard, especially when I thought I was done and it popped up..good thing I had enough time to think it through. Based on the practice questions I had been studying with they didn't have interactive simulation questions just mostly single-choice and mutli-choice questions. I used the Boson exam sim questions...the one thing I give a lot of credit for with Boson is that their answer explanations are chock full of information and external sources and if I hadn't actually studied those so keenly I probably would've failed so I am thankful for that. Honestly by the end of the exam I thought I would've had a higher score because it seems most of the scenarios were straightforward.

Anyways, I am happy now that I got my MCSA: Windows 7 cert! Not sure what I will be tackling next but I will probably shoot for the Windows 8 upgrade exam b/c of the free voucher =]

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz on a fine pass

That's huge MCSA for 2 exams like that.

It really makes me want to study for 680 and 686. Gratz again!
  • capewalkcapewalk Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    RomBUS wrote: »
    Yes after months of studying after taking 70-680 (took a toll after failing 680 once). I passed the 70-686 today with a 742! Another close score...I tell you what I think they are ramping up the difficulty or making the choices you make when selecting your answer really precise into making you select their best practice methods no matter what. I didn't even know this exam had case study questions in there which through me off guard, especially when I thought I was done and it popped up..good thing I had enough time to think it through. Based on the practice questions I had been studying with they didn't have interactive simulation questions just mostly single-choice and mutli-choice questions. I used the Boson exam sim questions...the one thing I give a lot of credit for with Boson is that their answer explanations are chock full of information and external sources and if I hadn't actually studied those so keenly I probably would've failed so I am thankful for that. Honestly by the end of the exam I thought I would've had a higher score because it seems most of the scenarios were straightforward.

Anyways, I am happy now that I got my MCSA: Windows 7 cert! Not sure what I will be tackling next but I will probably shoot for the Windows 8 upgrade exam b/c of the free voucher =]

Can you tell me what study material you used? If you used more than one which ones did you find the most relevant? Thanks in advance for your reply.
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations, I take my 686 next week... hope I can replicate your success man!
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations. The Windows 7 exams are not easy in my experience.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ver I agree

Studying for 686 is very challenging there is a lot of material.
  • nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    Congrats! I need to look into upgrading mine to windows 8 next year