Options

Help Cannot Use the '/' Key on Numpad in GNS3

Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
For some reason I am unable to use the numpad key (/) in GNS3, I have it setup to use Teraterm as the terminal software. Any Idea why I cannot use this? I will keep hunting if there is something I need to do to configure it in Teraterm that will enable this.
Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
"Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi

Comments

• Options
    Seems like an odd issue huh? I can't seem to make sense of it... I'll probably go post in the GNS3 forms.
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    whats the / key do anyway? or suppose to do.
    you running it as root or admin?

• Options
    I am using the '/' to specify an interface, or wherever else I would use the '/' key. It simply does not work or register as a usable key on the numpad when I am using GNS3 and in a router.

I am not sure what you are referring to when you specify as 'root' or 'admin'. I am simply in config mode trying to specify an interface. I am not in bash or anything like that if that is what you are thinking.

The odd part of the issue the '/' works fine if I use it from the main keyboard key (to the left of the right shift key) It just doesn't seem to register from the numpad.

I am going to toy around with changing the terminal emulator to something other than Teraterm, to see if the key is functional or not. I'll also double check on my software to see if it's up to date to see if that has any affect. I'll report back my findings.

If anybody else has any ideas though in the meantime I am all ears.
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Edit: Ignore my previous response, I'm not all here today :)
  • Options
    mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    by root / admin im referring to how you open up the program. root for linux admin for windows. Im assuming you're using windows so to get all the features from gns3 you right click icon run as admin.

its most likely not anything to do with that but may as well try. Its probably just terra term. Id just stick with putty or something

• Options
    i'll try running it as admin. I cannot recall if / when I had it working with Tera Term I had to do this but its worth a shot. I'll also try around with putty like I mentioned earlier too. I am starting to strongly think it's Tera Term. we shall see. I'll let yall know.