Options

Best Certs to get Regarding to Cloud Computing

As Cloud Computing seems like the step foward these days and the new "In Thing" what are some valuable Certs which could help develop a career into Cloud Computing?

Comments

• Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cloud is just a fancy catch phrase for just about any service accessed from the internet. Way to broad to be certified in with any real meaning unless it pertains to your job. You are best off going with what makes sense for your job.
  • Options
    StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
    netsysllc wrote: »
    cloud is just a fancy catch phrase for just about any service accessed from the internet. Way to broad to be certified in with any real meaning unless it pertains to your job. You are best off going with what makes sense for your job.

If I'm studying/Hoping to become a "Network Engineer/Archiect" surely there would be some form on Certification which I could add to my CV to make me look more employable. - Where I currently work most of our contracts that we are taking on seem to be all "Cloud based" solutions.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Without getting into the whole debate about this "cloud" thing, the certs that may help you get there are the VCP, VCP-Cloud and the MCSE: Private Cloud. There probably other certs by vendors such as IBM, Oracle etc but they only have a marginal share in the market. So the two VCP's and the MCSE will make sense to obtain.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Getting there!!! Almost ... :D
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Options
    crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    Essendon wrote: »
    There probably other certs by vendors such as IBM, Oracle etc but they only have a marginal share in the market. So the two VCP's and the MCSE will make sense to obtain.

what Cloud certification does Oracle provide?
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Depends on what kind of "cloud" we're talking about. The VMware certs Essendon mentioned make sense in corporate environments, but serious Linux skills (RHCE for example) mixed with some Puppet might be an even better fit for a lot of SaaS/PaaS environments.

Now with that said, no one is going to hire you to be designing/administering that kind of stuff without real world experience, so I'd learn the basics and not worry about a "cloud cert" for a few more years.
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    VCDX-Cloud
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman