70-642 Books

eaterofsmokeeaterofsmoke Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I passed the 70-640 today.....whew what a pain....but I am wondering...what is a good book to begin reading for the 70-642? I read the Microsoft Press Book for the 70-640, and was thoroughly unimpressed with it. I'm look for recommendation as the books in the resource list at the top are outdated. Any ideas would be appriciated.

Smoke

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You might try the Server 2008 R2 unleashed or the Sybex book.
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    I only used MCTS Guides 2nd Edition, the first edition does not cover R2. I second the Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed book, its a must have. Thats about it unless you want to sift through TechNet or Mark Minasi's website
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • eaterofsmokeeaterofsmoke Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info guys. I have picked up the Pearson Cert Guide book. I had it for when I was looking at getting the win 7 cert and I like the presentation. I will let you guys know how the info in it is.

Smoke
  • BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am started my 70-642 study after just passing the 640 and am wondering how the Cert Guide book is?
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Its pretty good but you need to refer to either Technet or get a reference book like 2008 R2 Unleashed
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]