Options

Bagged CCSA NGX

ubergeekubergeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
whew... Just passed the NGX thingy.. :D a lil sacrifice not posting in here, but it's worth it... :)
Thank you for calling Cisco Technical Assistance Center.. This is Edward how may I help you?

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Please tell us bit about how you prepared for this exam.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    what materials and hardware did you use?
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    ubergeekubergeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm sorry for the late response.. Was so busy like a bee... queenbee orders us around so much.. lol :D

Anyway regarding the materials.. I can't find a good book for the 215 exam, sybex and syngress have no new books so I used the old one from syngress the 156-210 book and from sybex configuring firewall-1 and vpn-1 book.

Luckily, some friends of mine let me use their equipment. Luckily they were using R55 and let me do some browsing on their equipment as well as some policy changes just to be ready for the exam.

Also, downloaded the demo from checkpoint's website, did help me a lot. For the other topics on the exam I would suggest to just check the exam coverage since on the book there were only few for QoS and voice and it is included on the new exam so anyone taking up the 215 should do some research on the site.. A lot of goodies in there.
    Thank you for calling Cisco Technical Assistance Center.. This is Edward how may I help you?