CCIE wannabees

Comments

• reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Nice, welcome to the gang. Seems we have quite a few going for this. Hopefully a few of us will complete in 2011/2012. I'm aiming for 2012.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    I believe I will be in. Currently doing a slight detour and working on the CCIP track first before doing the R&S IE. Plus I need to get sharp on Juniper for my position so that may detour me a bit, but I haven't lost focus of the end goal.

I don't have the motivation to keep a blog but I try to increase my hours in my signature block when I remember.

Best of luck to all of you
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    count me in. Going back for round 2 Feb 9th in San Jose. Been busy re-mastering all my videos to .mp4 so that you can watch them on Ipad and other tablets...

Working on INE Volume 3 speed labs. After that, going to do the troubleshooting labs... Not much time left.

@Ryan82,

Good choice, might as well pick up the CCIP on the way, that is what I did too. I mean, you need to master all the CCIP topics enroute to the CCIE R&S anyways. Kinda like a little bonus along the way to keep you truckin along.

Good luck to you all. Talk to you again in about 1 month!
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    count me in. Going back for round 2 Feb 9th in San Jose. Been busy re-mastering all my videos to .mp4 so that you can watch them on Ipad and other tablets...

Working on INE Volume 3 speed labs. After that, going to do the troubleshooting labs... Not much time left.

@Ryan82,

Good choice, might as well pick up the CCIP on the way, that is what I did too. I mean, you need to master all the CCIP topics enroute to the CCIE R&S anyways. Kinda like a little bonus along the way to keep you truckin along.

Good luck to you all. Talk to you again in about 1 month!

I'm still in it. I know my counter hasnt' moved, but I"m currently in persuit of my CCVP. With all the voice work I'm doing I"m wondering which is the correct path for me. RnS is studying technology, which Voice has some technology, but it seems more like a product line which I feel can make you obsolete much quicker.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    killuah72 wrote: »
    I'm still at it. My hours haven't increased much cause work is getting pretty hectic this month. Will try to catch up around Feb. Still planning to take the written in March.

How are your studies going lately?
  • Chris.MChris.M Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    At minimum I will take Voice Written in a couple months. If all goes well then will shoot for a 2011 Q4 Lab attempt.
    "[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools. ~Napoleon"[/FONT]

Completed: CCIE:Voice Written - Passed 4/14/11.
    In Progress: CCIE:Voice Lab - ETA 12/2011.
  • killuah72killuah72 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    How are your studies going lately?

Well work got me pretty busy longer than I thought but I'm back to my regular study schedule. Got a few more things to study/lab and I'll be ready to take the written. My plans to take the lab early was severely pushed though (which was probably better that way hehe) but I'm not too worried about it right now.
  • BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    (stealthly slithers in the back of the line) -- Lol I am in the process of gathering all the materials and scaling how high Mt. Everest will be, been in the field for 8 years I have a BS in Comp-Sci and a few certs this is my resume so far :P

CCIE Security Written
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We'll i've finally started studying for the R&S after afew years break.Amazingly i'm studying after work which up until now has been impossible due to looking for any other distraction possible.Started a couple of days ago on BGP and things are going well.Unfortunately i have to sit my written again before Jan 2012, shouldnt be an issue though,just the cost is a pain.

The forum does seem a little quite, hopefully i can spice it up with some interesting questions soon!

I do plan on putting a list of bgp gotchas together, if anyone wants to start fire away.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Rick TRick T Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you a CCIE Turgon?
    Rick T wrote: »
    Are you a CCIE Turgon?

Not yet!
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    count me in! I just started studying last week. Good luck everyone!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • civsi44civsi44 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm still in it, 2nd lab attempt scheduled for November San Jose
    civsi44 wrote: »
    I'm still in it, 2nd lab attempt scheduled for November San Jose

good luck man! you got this!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • qrilockqrilock Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Now that I have passed my written I officially qualify to check in on this thread!
  • reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Nice, congrats :)

Welcome aboard.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
    m.ouamer wrote: »
    I'm Studying for the CCIE RS.

Well thats great. Put a thread up on the boards logging your study hour on the written and lab.
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How is the prep going guys?

I haven't tackled the written yet so (technically) I shouldn't be in this post ;)

but I am working on it really hard, my dates are as follows:

CCIE R&S Written: 2/7/2012
    CCIE R&S LAB: 30/11/2012

Good Luck to everyone gunning for this beast :)

David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
    How is the prep going guys?

I haven't tackled the written yet so (technically) I shouldn't be in this post ;)

but I am working on it really hard, my dates are as follows:

CCIE R&S Written: 2/7/2012
    CCIE R&S LAB: 30/11/2012

Good Luck to everyone gunning for this beast :)

David

Did you take your written on 2/7?
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jamesp1983 wrote: »
    Did you take your written on 2/7?

I think he means July 2nd.
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think he's writing the dates Euro-style, since there's no 30th month. Although 4 months between Written and Lab, and 6 months until the written (as of his post) seems a bit skewed.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Manny_CalgaryManny_Calgary Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

New on this forum and trying to find my feet here. Anyways I am currently reading towards a CCIE R&S. Just logged 100 hours or so of reading so far and counting.

I see that I have a long way to go...lol.
  • NuulNuul Member Posts: 158
    Just passed the written (again). Planning on taking my lab sometime in early '13.
    Nuul wrote: »
    Just passed the written (again). Planning on taking my lab sometime in early '13.

Good work! I look forward to hearing about your progress.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mentioned it in my thread, but scheduled my lab for mid march 2013. 8 months to go.
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Mentioned it in my thread, but scheduled my lab for mid march 2013. 8 months to go.

Time is flying by. Keep up the good work.
    bermovick wrote: »
    I think he's writing the dates Euro-style, since there's no 30th month. Although 4 months between Written and Lab, and 6 months until the written (as of his post) seems a bit skewed.

Good catch. I didnt even notice that.

I am scheduled for December, but I might have to push back to January depending on how life changes once this baby arrives.
    Hope everyone is still moving along! Good luck!
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Well.. I made my goal by 2012.. passed my lab this past monday :D
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
    excellent work!
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Plazma wrote: »
    Well.. I made my goal by 2012.. passed my lab this past monday :D

BOOM! Awesome! A fresh CCIE, legit CCIE at that! You are now a God amongst men/women! lulz
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?