Both exams in same day possible ??

cloudwarriorcloudwarrior Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wondering if anyone has done this or thinks its a good/bad idea ?

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Im doing them one day after another.
    Guess its up to the individual really.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Possible, yes; reccomended, no. Unless you are so confident that you can pass two M$ exams in one day, regardless of just MCDST, still M$ exams can be a pain. I would recco at least a day or two in between, just to allow time to cover each exam seperatly.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • ebkrantzebkrantz Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took both exams back to back in one day. I would not recommend it, becasue both exams cover their own stuff and if you can I would foucs on one exam get it out of the way and then do the other.
  • marie2006marie2006 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did my A+ exams (in 2000) - both in the same day. Boy, was I stressed. I would not recommend it. If you blow it on the first one, the disappointment could spill over, causing you to lose focus on 272.

The only MCDST here in our department did just that - both in one day - and let's just say that the first thing he told us when we asked him how it went was ..... don't take both exams in the same day!

Give yourself plenty of time to study, relax, and get familiar with the material that you need to focus on in order to pass. And for heaven's sake, don't use the advertised brain **** and **** sheets..... if you know the material you'll make it just fine. I bought both 271 and 272 books with the CDs from Microsoft Press and feel that I'll do just fine on my exam tomorrow. If I'm missing only 4 questions out of 146 on a timed practice exam, then I believe I have very little to worry about.
    MISM, BSIT
  • mvastarellimvastarelli Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You're likely to experience testing fatigue if you take both tests back-to-back. I wouldn't recommend it, even if you're confident you'll pass.

A+ is something of an exception to this rule. Most people take both tests back to back, or at the very least on the same day (I think I took about 30 mins between tests).
    CompTIA Tests: 220-301, 220-302, N10-003, SY0-101
    Microsoft Tests: 70-270, 70-271, 70-272, 70-536, 70-526, 70-502
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So as you see the majority stands, take your time.

Taking both exams on the same day is NOT recommended!!
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I did them both on the same day and only used the Microsoft website for preperation, it depends on your experience.
  • chicken13chicken13 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would not do it.
    I did that last week - it's the first time I was sitting a MS exam for 7 years, and it was not a good plan - needless to say those retakes for nothing are coming in very useful this week. But I shall be doing them one day after the other!!! icon_confused.gif

"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; when it is bad, it is better than nothing." - Dick Brandon
  • SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    I did both back to back in the same day (by back to back I took it, went back down and had them schedule the other one, waited 5 minutes and headed back up lol), a week after it came out, passed first try, a few days after I finished up my MCSE 2003. If you've taken 270 and 290 the MCDST exams are cake, in my opinion. Im not real good with Office and I still passed 272.

Then again, I wasn't paying for the exam, I worked for The Training Camp and they paid all my exam fees, so only do it if you're real confident. Compared to any of the MCSE exams, the MCDST is a walk in the park, IMO.

Now would I suggest you do this with any other M$ exam, nope, lol.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I took them both on May 4--back-to back style--and passed. (Actually ended up taking the exams because my vouchers ran out on May 5th.) But, I had been studying off and on for about a year, and have studied quite a bit for 70-290 and did pass 70-210 about 6 months ago.

It didn't bother me so much because I had taken M$ exams before and had been doing SelfTest practice exams for several weeks prior to sitting for the real thing.

If you're going to take enough time to prepare, you can do it.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • dmm37dmm37 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you have worked with Windows XP in a network environment you want have a problem with taking both in one day if you take a break between tests. Go eat and come back. I found both test to be basic operating system and application troubleshooting in a XP environment.

Just depends on you level of working experience.

David