Failed 70-680

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
Go figure. Got a score of 500. It seems as though they asked me questions regarding upgrades and bit locker and branch cache and direct access only. Nothing else.

The resource I used, wileyplus, sucks. I got a 90 and up on every exam from them and failed this one because there was a bunch of stuff I didn't read about.

My question is, is there a book or two that is highly recommended, with labs, that I can study from?

Comments

• lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Sorry to hear about the fail. I used Professor Messor for the 70-680 because his videos are the bomb.net:

Professor Messer's Free Microsoft 70-680 Certification Training | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux, Microsoft Technology Training

Also you are hitting on some of the big topics so I'd suggest reading MS TechNet articles on the technologies so you get a better conceptual understanding.
  • JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used his stuff for a refresher as well. I also used cbt nuggets. Maybe I just need to lab a lot more since I barely labbed
    Well I bought this book just now and I'll pick up darrils book as well, the pocket command guide.

Set up my virtual machines and lab my ass off.

MCTS 70-680 Cert Guide with MyITcertificationLabs Bundle: Don Poulton: 9780789749475: Amazon.com: Books
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good Luck, hit it hard
    Thanks. Now I know what I really need to hit up. I need to lab lab lab and learn the command line sequences.
  • KenCKenC Member Posts: 131
    Jasiono wrote: »
    It seems as though they asked me questions regarding upgrades and bit locker and branch cache and direct access only.
    The resource I used, wileyplus, sucks. I got a 90 and up on every exam from them and failed this one because there was a bunch of stuff I didn't read about.
    Did wileyplus not cover the topics you mention? I doubt that you got nothing else - go back over the exam objectives and you'll see.

It is a good idea to get as much lab experience as possible, as the complete picture helps a lot for this one.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. Labbing is a must for this exam. I'd get the exam objectives and lab through each of them, making sure you can do it in your sleep.
    Wileyplus covered a lot of stuff but to be honest, a lot of the commands that were presented to me during the exam were not in the material. Mainly the switches in the commands. A lot of the questions were upgrading and migrating to windows 7. Only 1 question was asked in regards to networking, unless they incorporate several objectives into a single question.

Its my fault though. I didn't heed the warnings as I should have. I know the theories and what to do in situations, knowing how to do them, even in chronological order, is what killed me.
  • KenCKenC Member Posts: 131
    The command line switches can make or break you, and I always hope that not too many appear on the exam. Most people know the command, not the switches. In the real world, If I haven't used a command in a while, I always use /? as a matter of best practice.
  • franco67franco67 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sorry to hear your fail exam. so what you think you need to work on your study materials. did you get alot of question about deployment, waik.
    cipher ? i'm getting ready to take this test next month and this site is very helpful
  • DEC901DEC901 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't let it get away!!! Stay with it!!! Prof Messer and Mr Poulton is a solid route to travel!!!