CISSP Study Materials

VigiVigi Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am gona start preparing for CISSP.Can anyone tel me what books i need to start studyin???.I have a list of books but i dont know exactly which one will be more usefull with regards to the exam.

I have decided to take up the exam in 4 to 5 months.

Regards
Vigi

Comments

• wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I really liked the Syngress book. The practice tests from cccure.org are also very helpful.
  • MattSCMattSC Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Vigi, for me, the following resources did the trick:

*Official CISSP CBK
    *Shon Harris' AIO
    *CISSP Study Guide by Stewart, Tittel and Chapple
    *Shon Harris audio summaries (available as part of a box set with the AIO guide and practice tests)
    *11th Hour CISSP
    *CCCure.org online questions
    *StudISCope online questions

I'll admit that I didn't read the Harris and Stewart books from cover to cover. I was getting overwhelmed with the amount of material, especially having come directly from preparing for and taking the SSCP. Near the end, I started jumping around quite a bit and relied more on the concise 11th Hour book than the more comprehensive guides.
  • TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    MattSC is on point with the resources used.
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • BigstarsBigstars Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CISSP Study Guide -Eric Conrad & Youtube tutorials

Only book I read cover to cover. Bought Shon Harris AIO however it just collected dust. I opened it maybe 4 times to find answers.
  • krupal_bhattkrupal_bhatt Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CISSP Study Guide -Eric Conrad seem to be the way to go.. simpler to read and quite a few members suggest reading this book..
  • email2vmemail2vm Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Vigi,

Do the following:

1> Read Shon first: understand the concepts, prepare extensive notes while reading this. This will help you in last 5 days.
    2> go for CCCure.
    3> Now that you understand the concepts and the type of questions expected, try now CBK
    (after reading shon and the cccure, it will actually make sense)
    4> do all the test from the studyscope(passing them will boost your confidence)

it worked for me. Check my blog at
    Perfect dream will never let you sleep in peace...untill you make it real: Cleared CISSP

Regards,
    Ravi
  • VigiVigi Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow..Ausome..I read ur blog..cool!!Thanks ravi!!!