Listing expired MS Certs on resume.

truckfittruckfit Banned Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Guys,

I was just wondering is it ok to list expired certs on your resume.

Microsoft is retiring alot of them next July and 2 of my certs will expire.

Is it wrong to list them

in my cv I list the certs and say the date I achieved them.

Is it wrong to include them?

Comments

• kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    I dont think MS certs expire...
    if you are a MCSE (2003)
    today you still are a MCSE 2003

(I dont write the day I achieve certs in my resume though)
    meh
  • truckfittruckfit Banned Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lol i mean retire
  • LaduLaserLaduLaser Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Depends on how relevant they are. If you're MCSE on WinNT or Win2000 I'ld recommend you to skip that since it adds little to nothing in value to an employer with a modern network. There are still numerous Win2003/WinXP environments out there though, so if your cert is on those OSs or later, include them!
  • wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It depends, I think. I still list my CNE and MCSE NT 4 along with the dates (1995/1998 ) just to show that I have been around a while. Learning new versions is easier when you know the previous version, you just need to learn what changes. Plus, not every place runs the very latest version of software and knowing older version can be a big help. Just look at how many places still run XP/2003, though I don't think there is much netware 3.12 out there anymore.
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As long as the technology is still there I still see it relevant to post your cert. Especially if the job requirement lists that particular era of technology...for example if it lists that they have 2003 servers, it would be best if you list the MCSE 2003 cert there. The retired exams only means you are unable to take the test...support for 2003 will be here for at least 2 more years (besides XP) and 2008 doesnt have a EOL date yet.
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    List them. They're still relevant in many cases, and can help show long-held expertise. MCSE 2003 in particular will still be golden for years to come.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340