A+ Certified FINALLY!!!!!

missy2687missy2687 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed the test yesterday! I did the 701 two weeks ago and the 702 yesterday. This sounds so cliche but if I can do it, anybody can do it! I'm a WGU student and I will say that if you read the material, get into lab sim, and watch Professor Messor's videos you can definitely pass both test with flying colors!

Comments

• NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations! Looking at your certification list, it looks like you're building up a string of certifications. Good luck with your next adventure.
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm looking forward to taking the exam in the next couple months.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • bgaudybgaudy Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, from another Kansas Citian to another! I will be taking my exam in a week or so, about to register.. Was your test center in town?
  • shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, missy2687, on the A+ pass.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • magpulmagpul Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm in KC as well, I'm looking to take the test in about 3-4 weeks.
  • icehead14icehead14 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • missy2687missy2687 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bgaudy wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass, from another Kansas Citian to another! I will be taking my exam in a week or so, about to register.. Was your test center in town?

I took mine at JCCC (Johnson County Community College) just because its close to my work home. I live off of State Line, but they also have testing at MCC-BTC where I went to school & Centriq across from Ward Parkway mall. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
    Thanks everybody! And it's nice to see some KC folks on here as well!
  • someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats! whats next?
    A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • cielocielo Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just wanted to ask how WGU simulations are like. I've contacted them, but they don't really say much on it. I'm trying to decide if I should go with WGU or QuickCert. Both have competitive pricing, so I'm undecided. QuickCert is setting up a simulation for me today, so I can go through and experience what is like. On the other hand WGU seems good also, but I don't want to waste money. Anybody have any suggestions? icon_redface.gif

Thanks,
  • bacardi_dwbbacardi_dwb Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on passing the certification!!!
    Grats! whats next?

Working on a CIW cert now (WGU student) and next term I think I have Network+ & Security+
    cielo wrote: »
    I just wanted to ask how WGU simulations are like. I've contacted them, but they don't really say much on it. I'm trying to decide if I should go with WGU or QuickCert. Both have competitive pricing, so I'm undecided. QuickCert is setting up a simulation for me today, so I can go through and experience what is like. On the other hand WGU seems good also, but I don't want to waste money. Anybody have any suggestions? icon_redface.gif

Thanks,

I've never heard of QuickCert so I can't compare but I think LabSim through WGU is awesome! They have virtual sims of the hardware components as well as the OS. It's basically like doing the real thing. The sim will tell you if you are wrong and will not let you put things where they don't belong, but it does not give you the answer. LabSim also has a wealth of video lectures, tutorials, notes, reading material, domain & practice exams. Had it not been for those practice exams I prob would not have passed the cert exam. The questions are the same format so it really helps.
  • joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude!
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□