Tell me your opinions please?

Drupz21Drupz21 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

Have a passion for I.T since a young age.

Currently started studying Comptia A+ and then will do the Network+.

After, I do not know which path to take, Microsoft or Cisco?

Would I get a job in support after A+ and Network+?

Cheers

Comments

• jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You have to decide if you are more interested in networking or servers. Or even maybe both. No such thing as having too little knowledge in information technology.
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Drupz21 wrote: »

Would I get a job in support after A+ and Network+?

That depends on your resume, experience and interviewing skills. Basically the certs don't promise you anything, their purpose is to keep resume out of the trash.
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Yes you can definitely get a job with just A+ and Network+ but it's still going to depend a lot on your attitude, resume and interview. Don't expect to just be handed a job because you have a couple certifications.

I would honestly say get your first IT job and see what starts to interest you most.
  • Drupz21Drupz21 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am certainly going to start applying after Network+ however I have no experience which will be the downfall. I will probably start of with 1st line support and then decide just wanted a few opinions on here.

Maybe start with an MCTS Windows 7 course when I am in a job and see what happens.
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    While job hunting, look around for freelance/intern/general-helper opportunities. Even if you work for free, it's experience. I think that once you complete the A+ and Net+ you might have a better idea of which direction you'd like to go next. Just remember though, there's nothing saying you can't do both.
  • matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A+ and Network + are a good start but they will not get you the job, your ability you explain those concepts and hands on experience will get you the job. IMO Comptia exams are not worth the money but some employers do like to see them, just don't expect them to be impressed. Good luck
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    I would say start with A+ and from there advance to MCITP:SA or MCITP:EA.
  • Drupz21Drupz21 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info.