[Q]What Best Exam to take next?

andro27andro27 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, i just graduated this year and passed the Microsoft 70-680 exam, I want my career path to be in a Networking field, Right now i don't have a job yet but i am seeking for a job that i can gain a learning experience on networking, i am planning to review while working(if a got the job that i am applying right now :D) what best certification exam to take? CCNA or compTIA Network+?( what specific exam code to be exact)

*Out of context question: can i put "MCTS" after my name on a resume? yes or no?
*sorry for my bad English, i hope you can understand my questions

Comments

• the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Definitely CCNA over Net+.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you going into Networking with experience or some other type of formal education. You graduated may mean you have you cullinary arts degree :P
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm going to assume you got you're degree in Networking or Information Technology with a concentration in Networking. Don't make your first cert the same thing you got your degree in. Get the A+. It shows that you have ambition, not just that you're ultimate goal is to become a hacker. It also will give you value because you'll be multi-functional. People will know that they can go to you for basic problems. That's why I'm going for it.
  • andro27andro27 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the_hutch wrote: »
    Definitely CCNA over Net+.

thats what i got in mind, thanks :D
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Are you going into Networking with experience or some other type of formal education. You graduated may mean you have you cullinary arts degree :P

actually i have a little experience on networking on my OJT and i was assigned in the I.T department, and learned some stuffs also on networking, im going into the networking path with experience, i graduated with a degree of BS of Information Technology, thanks for replying though :D
    Michael2 wrote: »
    I'm going to assume you got you're degree in Networking or Information Technology with a concentration in Networking. Don't make your first cert the same thing you got your degree in. Get the A+. It shows that you have ambition, not just that you're ultimate goal is to become a hacker. It also will give you value because you'll be multi-functional. People will know that they can go to you for basic problems. That's why I'm going for it.

hi Michael2 i got a degree on BS in Information Technology, actually i take the MCTS(70-680) exam because it was free from my college, i don't have a goal as a hacker i only what to be good in networking so that it can help me on my career as an I.T, i guess i will think about taking the A+ , thanks for replying also :D
  • JayTheCrackerJayTheCracker Member Posts: 169
    ccna opens doors
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ccna opens doors

It certainly puts the key in and removes the chain. How heavy the door and how easy it is to open it, depends a bit on your experience too :D
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • andro27andro27 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    then CCNA it is, how many months do you think that i should give my self to review before taking the exam? i am planning to do both reviewing and working for the succedding months