Are all domains graded in the UK/EU

MechsMechs Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I just got my MSc InfoSec results from uni and I passed , so I was looking into the next journey which will be my CISSP

Now I recall reading somewhere that the law domain is not graded in the UK/EU. Now I am not sure if I read this right or whether it was even for the CISSP exam.

Can someone confirm?

Cheers

*edit I've got the Official Guide and the AIO Shon Harris book- but I think these are not what I need right now- a lot of the MSc info is fresh in my head so I really just want to use the CISSP Study Guide 2012 book, Youtube videos and some exams from CCURE. I hope this plan of attack is OK. I am aiming for about 6 months worth of studies

Comments

• rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
    All 10 domains are graded in the exam.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Several years ago I heard that non-US CISSP exams omit some of the law/ethics questions, making the exam shorter, but still graded on the same scale.
  • rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Several years ago I heard that non-US CISSP exams omit some of the law/ethics questions, making the exam shorter, but still graded on the same scale.

When I sat the exam in the UK last year there was law\ethics questions and the exam had the same amount of questions and time as US exam.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    It might be exams administered in Asia, or in non-English, that are abbreviated.
  • AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    It might be exams administered in Asia, or in non-English, that are abbreviated.

When I took my paper exam, I did choose the French (Canadian) version. It turned out to be bilingual. You have the English questions in one page and the French translation in the other page. I read the first question in French and forget about it. The translation is bad. It's like Google translation. So I did the whole exam in English. Even if I'm sitting the exam in Canada, all the law-related questions are US based.
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • MechsMechs Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info guys! Guess ill be studying all 10 domains!!