642-618 firewall

cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
Passed. 893 with very little study.

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Awesome congrats!

Been thinking about taking of the NP:Security stuff. Just haven't dedicated the time to the track.

How long have you been working if ASA's?
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man icon_cool.gif, might do this one myself in that case
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Been thinking about what direction to take next (either keep going down the security/IA path or turn back to the networking dark side icon_twisted.gif) and might take the midle of the road option and go with CCNP:Sec. How much lab time did you require?
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've got 5 years of enterprise experience with them. One of the simlets didn't work so I'm sure I failed that question.
  • Maced129Maced129 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm studying for the exam as well...have been for a while (been getting side tracked a lot)
    Gns3 has been able to do everything i've needed to do so far with ASAs. I also have 2 asa 5505s to mess with, havent touched them much yet.
    Been using ipexpert vod, and online blogs and cisco docs for the 618 updates because the ipexpert's vids are for the old 617 test.
  • KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    Grats cisco_trooper.

Maced419, I would suggest to get a new book for 618. It does cover everything you need for the exam and I actually found it fun to read.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Booked my Firewall exam for tomorrow afternoon. Figured I'd take a shot at I've worked em for at least 4 years now, from multi-contexts to heavy vpn/firewall customization and HA from 8.2+. Ran through the INE videos and skimmed through the OCG
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS