Options

ICND1 Passed

StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
Passed ICND1 Today with a score of 912. The test was actually alot easier than I was expecting - I must have studied a lot of material which will be in the ICND2 exam, or I just got really lucky on the questions!

Next step ICND2 :) Could anyone provide any tips for the ICDN2 exam? I notice that everyone goes on about Subnetting for the ICDN1 exam, what are some of the "Hot Topics" on the ICDN2 exam/Material? I have a feeling that ACL'S will be a pain in the ass!

Comments

• Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    Congrats! on your pass
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nicely done!

Your instinct on ACLs is correct, as well as Frame Relay. As far as hot topics sadly from what I noticed they tend to like to hammer at your weak spots. Atleast for me, if I miss a FrameRelay question, the next one would be another FrameRelay question. But then again, I'm far from being lucky!icon_cry.gif
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    johnifanx98johnifanx98 Member Posts: 329
    StussyNz wrote: »
    Passed ICND1 Today with a score of 912. The test was actually alot easier than I was expecting - I must have studied a lot of material which will be in the ICND2 exam, or I just got really lucky on the questions!

Next step ICND2 :) Could anyone provide any tips for the ICDN2 exam? I notice that everyone goes on about Subnetting for the ICDN1 exam, what are some of the "Hot Topics" on the ICDN2 exam/Material? I have a feeling that ACL'S will be a pain in the ass!

Cong! I'm in the process of preparing ICND2 too. If you can pass ICND1 exam with a score 900+, I don't think you need to worry about IP stack questions any more, like ACL, VLSM, NAT, etc..

My concern is data link stack, like WAN. Such subjects are way to practical that it's hard to find documentation like RFC to explain them clearly enough. Similarly is EIGRP. It's IP stack, but it's Cisco proprietary. No RFC.

Another hard point to me is reading output. My day to day work deals with transport layer products with little chance to play Cisco appliances. ICND1 took a big toll from me on questions about explaining the output of a router/switch...
  • Options
    StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
    Thanks for your input; Yeah those reading questions in the exam were quite tricky. Just had to read over the IOS configuration several times to get my head around the actual configuration!
  • Options
    dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!