Passed ITIL v3 Service Operation

GermikeGermike Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi One and All, I just passed the ITIL v3 Service Operation exam a few days ago, with a score of 78% (31 out of 40). This means that my detailled score must have been either 5-5-5-5-5-5-1-0, or 5-5-5-5-5-3-3-0, which isn't bad at all. I just would like to know the question where I spoiled it, haha. Guess they will never tell me. Well, during the test, I did not feel comfortable. They throw so many curves at you, you know. Although I have passed so many exams in my life, such as many many Microsoft and Cisco exams, this experience did not help at all. For instance, this ITIL exam was the only one where I have used up almost all 90 minutes time. Whew. And when I finally clicked "End Exam", I was totally unable to even ESTIMATE if I passed or not. So I guess these ITIL exams are truely a different pair of gloves than the Microsoft crap (sorry, M$). Perhaps my long work experience in Operations helped me out. Which means that Service Design or Transition will be even tougher for me. We shall see. Next one for me is CSI. Good luck to you!!

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! That's a great score. You're right that many delegates find ST and SD tougher due to the material, but the exam technique you've picked up during SO will really help you out.

Enjoy the next course.
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • pearlgdeakpearlgdeak Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Germike,

I have passed Service Transition on Tuesday. My next would be Service Operation. Can you give me any advise which can be useful?

I am with a provider ITIL PRIME. I am happy to share some mock exams if you want to share yours with me...

Regards and Thanks.

Pearl
    Hi Memebr,

Congrats..

I am planning to do the SO module. Can you share with your experience ( exam) with me perhaps some mock exams.

i am happy to share my ST with you as my exerience ( passed ST a month ago).

Many Thanks.

Pearl
  • rickstevensrickstevens Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pearl

How did you find ST?? Im doing it in a couple weeks. I've passed SS and Im awaiting my results from SD. I've got to agree with Germike though, In both of the exams, I havent had the slightest idea of how well I'd done until the result were issued
  • al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Nice job m8 :), was this cert a job requirement or a personal choice for career development?

Regards

"Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • atlex123atlex123 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Last month I have successfully cleared ITIL Service Operations Intermediate level exam.

I worked in India and my day-to-day job is in IT support (Mostly with Incident Management).

Now I want to go for one more lifecycle module (ST/SD/SS/CSI), can anyone tell me which one I should go for w.r.t. to my current job profile? Which module should I select to enhance my IT skill for better job prospect? Also if I completed only 2/3 modules (not full life cycle), then what will be the value in market for these certifications?
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Atlex

Congratulations on passing SO. The certification you take next will depend on where you wish to develop your career - do you wish to stay in operations or move to development for example? It's always a good idea to search the job listings for the career you hope to have and see what qualifications are in demand.

Not everyone needs to become an ITIL expert - if you only take 1 or 2 modules this will still be of value to you and to future employers.

Kind regards

Claire
    hi Rick

for me ST was easy as I work as a release control analyst. My next one would ve SS or SD.

Did you do the SO at all?

regards,

Pearl
    Pearl

How did you find ST?? Im doing it in a couple weeks. I've passed SS and Im awaiting my results from SD. I've got to agree with Germike though, In both of the exams, I havent had the slightest idea of how well I'd done until the result were issued
  • CampanitaCRCampanitaCR Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Every One,

Really interesting all your coments, Im going to do the SO examination in 2 days, pls I really need to pass this module, if you have some other advice or examinations for practice pls send me all the information, I really appreciate that.

Thxs