What Tech podcasts do you watch/listen to?

BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
As the title says. I just started getting into these and have found them great for listening to when I'm walking/running.

Any other good ones out there?

-techzilla
-Linux for the rest of us
-mike tech show
-twit

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Most of the stuff on the TWIT site but if you have to choose, Security Now is very nice!

.NET Rocks
    Run As Radio
    PowerScripting
    Cyber Jungle

A few other developer related pod casts. I have an hour+ drive to work and the same home, so lots of pod casts!
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Almost exclusively Packet Pushers. I also listen to Purdue's CERIAS seminars time-to-time when I find the content interesting to me.
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    This is an interesting thread, I'm going to subscribe to it.
    Do you guys check for new podcasts everyday or do you have a program to automatically download them for you?
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sratakhin wrote: »
    Do you guys check for new podcasts everyday or do you have a program to automatically download them for you?

iTunes is what I use.
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    Podcast app through iTunes allows you to subscribe and automatically downloads any new podcasts as they become available.
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    I subscribe to Hak5, HakTip, Tekzilla, and Know How. I use iTunes for updating, which has worked fine for me.
    On/Off topic I do also subscribe to Above & Beyond for my non-tech podcasts.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sratakhin wrote: »

I use Stitcher on my Android smart phone. If I load it up while in my garage in the morning before I leave it buffers the entire show in just a few seconds via my home WiFi.

I have 3 main "channels" that I have created to organize the podcasts I listen to:

Security
    Development
    Infrastructure

New episodes are released by the authors and I don't have to worry about doing anything to get the latest one except pressing the play button.

I also have a subscription to PluralSight.com and they have an Android app. If a topic is heavy on explanation and there isn't a ton of code examples I like to listen to some of their videos as well. Things like IIS Administration, SQL Server Performance, and Web App Performance are topics that don't have code examples I really need to pay attention to...
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ISD and Social-Engineer.org ones are the ones I normally listen to.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Robert, thanks, I'll check this app out.
    Not a fan of using iTunes, so Android app is better :)
  • jgilljgill Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Some of my favs are NPR: technology, Geekbeat: TV, and Techzilla