Options

70-680 Question: syspre or WinPE first

testbustertestbuster Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
Got a question and need you guys' input. Thanks

Question:You have a computer that runs Windows 7. You need to capture the operating system and all the computer configurations to a Windows image (WIM) file. What should you do before you capture the image?

A.
Run Oscdimg.exe.

B.
Run Windows System Image Manager (Windows SIM).

C.
Open a command prompt that has elevated privileges.

D.
Start the computer by using Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE).

the answer they said is D. but i think you need elevated command prompt to run sysprep, which should proceed capturing the image using WinPE. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    While you do need to sysprep prior to capturing the image, you do not need to open an elevated command prompt. You can right-click and run Sysprep as administrator. Since answer C only species opening command prompt, which is not an exclusive requirement to Sysprep, I would not consider it a correct answer.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Also just an add on to what ptilsen said you don't even need to sysprep to technically capture a .wim at all. There is no requirement for sysprepping before capturing so be careful about the wording of the question. You want to look for something like before capturing your finished or finalized image what step would you take. At that point it would be sysprepping.

Prior to sysprepping at my work I add things to my image and capture a .wim a major milestones of the image creation process. I capture a .wim after installing the OS/drivers then after installing office, then after installing apps, then after configuring os settings, then after the sysprep.
  • Options
    testbustertestbuster Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you both for the clarification. I agreed with both of you. Yes, Syspre is not even needed for capturing an image, because like, you need this image for recovery in case something happen, so you don't need to worry about SID. Yes, even when you need to use Syspre, you can right click the sysprep program and run it as admin.

Awesome, guys, thanks again.