802-640 Tomorrow: Question Timing/Pacing Tips?

j4rt02j4rt02 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
The day is here. I take 802-640 tomorrow.

I know the test is 90 minutes and 45-55 questions, but does anyone have any tips/advice on about how much time I should spend on each multiple choice / simlet?

I would assume that the multiple choice are first, and not to spend to much time and run out during the sims?

Thanks.

Comments

• YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you're capable of subnetting quickly, preferrably in your head, you should be just fine.

With CCNA, a lot of it you either know or you don't know, so I wouldn't worry too much about the sims or multiple choice questions.

Good luck!
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Subnetting, Subnetting and then Subnetting appears to be the key to the CCNA exam/s

Let us know how that goes, I decided not to sit the 802-640 but i'd be interested in your opinion of it.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • j4rt02j4rt02 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks.

I spent the last month memorizing a chart with columns translating CIDR to blocks, so at the beginning I'm going to write it down. My average with the hand drawn chart is 10 seconds to find the subnet of a host and so forth.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Memorizing the chart isn't the only thing you'll need. Keep in mind if you spend a lot of time second guessing your math, and how to find things... You can write down all the charts you can fit on that piece of white board... It's not the same as grilling yourself day, after day, after day about how.

You'll get to the point where you WANT the test to give you subnetting questions and can do them in record speeds.

What I'm saying is: Do 5 questions, every other day. As YFZblu let us all in - Subnetting and Cisco Exams play an important role.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• j4rt02j4rt02 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Memorizing the chart isn't the only thing you'll need. Keep in mind if you spend a lot of time second guessing your math, and how to find things... You can write down all the charts you can fit on that piece of white board... It's not the same as grilling yourself day, after day, after day about how.

You'll get to the point where you WANT the test to give you subnetting questions and can do them in record speeds.

What I'm saying is: Do 5 questions, every other day. As YFZblu let us all in - Subnetting and Cisco Exams play an important role.

Thank you. Thats the best thing I've heard all day. A little over a month ago I started with 10 questions per-day, adding one additional one each day. I turned it into a game to beat the previous day's averages. Today I did 60 questions and my average is about 10 seconds. Slowly, but surely, it became easier to reverse engineer a subnet / VLSM.

Exam, BRING IT ON.