WOOT! Passed ICND-2!!!

apoole15apoole15 Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
Third time's the charm! Finally knocked out the ICND-2. Study materials were:

Odom's ICND-2 Book
Chris Bryant's CCNA videos
Boson Exam Simulator
Live equipment

Thanks to everyone's advice and support (especially those recommending to use the Boson Exam Simulator). I still felt really pressed for time but did not "rush" through this time. Finished the exam with 17 seconds or so left.

Not sure where to go from here. Might take a little break from Cisco and complete the VCP-5 exam (took the class back in May but work needed me to step up and learn networking).

Anyway, good luck to future test takers and thanks for all the support from the TechExams community!!!

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
    Congrats Buddy
  • inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! I'm going to be going at mine for a third time as well soon.
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Way to stick with it!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    apoole15 wrote: »

Odom's ICND-2 Book
    Boson Exam Simulator
    Live equipment

Thanks to everyone's advice and support (especially those recommending to use the Boson Exam Simulator). I still felt really pressed for time but did not "rush" through this time. Finished the exam with 17 seconds or so left.

Not sure where to go from here. Might take a little break from Cisco and complete the VCP-5 exam (took the class back in May but work needed me to step up and learn networking).

Anyway, good luck to future test takers and thanks for all the support from the TechExams community!!!

Congrats. I picked up a mint copy of Steve Mcquerry's ICND2 Self Study guide from a half-off store and am hoping for similar results. Wish me luck.
  • johnifanx98johnifanx98 Member Posts: 329
    apoole15 wrote: »

Odom's ICND-2 Book
    Boson Exam Simulator
    Live equipment

Scary. I heard about time management is a challenge for ICND2. Somebody even asked if it's easier to take CCNA combo.
  • NewInBussinesNewInBussines Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi ,first of all congratulations for your exam.
    I passed CCNA 2 weeks ago and I can say indeed time management is a challenge, especially for simulations

You need to be entirely focused in order to pass, even the little mistake can make you fall.
    So my advice is to study hard, have a good sleep before the certification, do a lot o simulation test and all the labs from ccna documentation in Packet Tracer.