Packet Tracer question.

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am currently watching an ICND 2 video on Rip V2 and I have a question.

I am building the Video lab scenario in my packet tracer and my Serial interfaces are showing Serial0/1/0 and Serial0/1/1.
I want to know if in Packet tracer I can make them like this.

Serial0/0
Serial0/1

If anyone knows if this is possible please let me know. My packet tracer version is 5.3.2.0027

Thanks.
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Why? To be identical to the lab you are doing? I don't think you can change that, perhaps look at adding a new module?

Try adding two WIC-1T to your router (2621XM), that should do it for you.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Use the 2620XM router in Packet Tracer. It has 2 WIC slots to install serial interfaces. If you use the WIC-2T, these will show up as S0/0, 0/1.

hth
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    ya just depends on what slot you put the wic in...but like Bill Murry up there said it really makes no difference as long as you are using a serial interface.
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    ya just depends on what slot you put the wic in...but like Bill Murry up there said it really makes no difference as long as you are using a serial interface.

what he said above..

playing with the Packet Tracer 1841 router myself. I find if I add the wic-2t to slot 0 or the slot all the way over to the right.

YOu will get s0/0/0
    s0/0/1

This might apply with all the Cisco routers. Just play around with it in Packet Tracer...
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs